DMN Blog: Cowboys-Pats pull in highest rating on an NFL Sunday in 11 years

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys-Pats brings 'em in

If you're superstitious, this bodes well.

The Cowboys last won a playoff game after the 1996 season. During that campaign, their Nov. 10 showdown with the 49ers drew 29.7 million viewers, a number that hasn't been matched on an NFL Sunday since.

The Cowboys-Patriots blockbuster on Sunday didn't match that figure. But it came closer than any game has since, pulling 29.1 million viewers to become the most watched game on an NFL Sunday in 11 years. It also stands as highest rated program of this television season.

Posted by Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 9:15 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (9)

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Whats the lowest rated superbowl? There have been some snorefests in the last 7 years.

thewireman

Reaction score
Wolfpack;1716878 said:
Whats the lowest rated superbowl? There have been some snorefests in the last 7 years.

Any of the other superbowls that feature the Patriots...I don't know why but when they were in it the last 3 times the games were really boring to me

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thewireman;1716901 said:
Any of the other superbowls that feature the Patriots...I don't know why but when they were in it the last 3 times the games were really boring to me
I thought their game against the Panthers was pretty good. Not sure how you could consider that a boring one.

thewireman

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1716917 said:
I thought their game against the Panthers was pretty good. Not sure how you could consider that a boring one.

It was boring to me, I think just about every superbowl since 1999-2000 have been boring to me, I usually end up changing the channel at half time

burmafrd

Reaction score
No one talks about the three they won the way they talk about the second one we lost to the Steelers. Even the one Montana won late does not get mentioned like that one does.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
burmafrd;1716959 said:
No one talks about the three they won the way they talk about the second one we lost to the Steelers. Even the one Montana won late does not get mentioned like that one does.

:confused:

What dat mean ?

burmafrd

Reaction score
When the talk goes to great superbowls- THAT is the one mentioned most often. NONE of the pats are.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I consider a great finish to a Super Bowl if the last team on the field has something to lose. Tennesse driving late on the Rams were down, and had to score to tie the game. They came one yard short - classic image. Or Buffalo-NY Giants with the missed 47 yarder at the end. The 49ers-Bengals game when Montana drove them down late to win.

The Patriots had pressure kicks, but both were to break an already tie game, so if they had missed the kick the game would have continued into overtime.

khiladi

Reaction score
And you know why???

It wasn't because of the Patriots, but because of the Dallas Cowboys...

thekavorka

Reaction score
I believe we got blown out in the San Francisco game too.

It's too bad I'm not very superstitious.