DMN Blog: Cowboys to host Romo-palooza at 1:00pm CDT

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys to host Romo-palooza

The Cowboys just sent out this release:
The Dallas Cowboys will host a press conference today at 1:00 p.m. at the team's Valley Ranch headquarters in Irving. The press conference will take place in the team meeting room. All media, camera crews and technicians will not be be granted access to the room until 12:30 p.m.​
Now what could this be all about?

We'll have this Tony Romo thing covered six ways from Sunday, so keep it here the rest of the day, as the Cowboys battle the Yankees (hiring Joe Girardi) and Dodgers (hiring Joe Torre) for national headlines.

Posted by Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 9:08 AM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (0)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I wish this would have been during the off week, and not right in the middle of the week while we are preparing for the Iggles.:(

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;1736278 said:
I wish this would have been during the off week, and not right in the middle of the week while we are preparing for the Iggles.:(
Tuesdays are the players normal off day.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1736278 said:
yeah man. i'm gonna be pissed if our new moneybags qb plays poorly against the birds

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1736280 said:
Tuesdays are the players normal off day.

Right, .. but this has nothing to do with preparing for the Eagles, this is a distraction.

Or at least it could be, we'll see.

Last week makes more sense to me.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;1736287 said:
Right, .. but this has nothing to do with preparing for the Eagles, this is a distraction.

Or at least it could be, we'll see.

Last week makes more sense to me.
I imagine last week was spent in negotiations; and they finally got the deal done last night. Will an hour-long press conference on an off day really be that much of a distraction? I don't see it.

If it had occurred on the day of practice or something, then I'd prolly share your concern.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;1736287 said:

And he probably won't recover from dropping that snap against Seattle last year in the playoffs either. ;)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1736295 said:
I imagine last week was spent in negotiations; and they finally got the deal done last night. Will an hour-long press conference on an off day really be that much of a distraction? I don't see it.

If it had occurred on the day of practice or something, then I'd prolly share your concern.

Do you think nobody will mention it to him in the lockerroom over the next few days, or some reporter will bring it up in an interview or PC ?

Do you not think this will be a topic of conversation over the next few days ?

Newspapers? Media? TV Sports shows?

It is more than the hour long PC.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I want all attention on the Iggles, they always worry me.

It's probably no big deal.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;1736310 said:
Do you think nobody will mention it to him in the lockerroom over the next few days, or some reporter will bring it up in an interview or PC ?

Do you not think this will be a topic of conversation over the next few days ?

Newspapers? Media? TV Sports shows?

It is more than the hour long PC.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I want all attention on the Iggles, they always worry me.
I think it'll be more of a distraction to the fans than the players. That's because it's big news when the Dallas Cowboys sign their new franchise quarterback. The attention is definitely warranted.

So sure, it will be a topic of discussion for a bit, due to questions during the players media sessions, but not near the level for fans and media. I'm willing to be that all media forms will carry more regurgitated quotes than anything new. And by Thurs, I'm sure it'll be back to the Eagles.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
IM sure Romo can take a break from his morning film study to announce his new deal. Right after the presser I expect him to go back for an afternoon film study session. LOL:D

Jay-D

Reaction score
So first.....NOT signing Romo is a distraction.

Now.....signing him is a distraction.

Some of you people seriously need to relax.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jay-D;1736433 said:
So first.....NOT signing Romo is a distraction.

Now.....signing him is a distraction.

Some of you people seriously need to relax.

I don't know about Romo but I'm distracted by his contract. :laugh2: I agree people get upset so quickly around here. This deal was going to happen one way or the other and evidently Jones and Romo agent were able to come up with these numbers. In the meantime Romo has been going out and enjoying life where is the distraction in this?

Jay-D

Reaction score
I'm self employed now......but back in the day if I were just given a 60+ million dollar raise........I'd be the greatest employee EVER. A rampaging elephant on crack cocaine wouldn't distract me from my job.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
This is comedy. Why do human beings need to constantly see the downside of everything? Not just a few things. Everything!!!

I mean really. What negative is there w/ this deal w/ Romo? So what JJ is having a press conference. Can we not let this team of grown men, be men? What's wrong w/ that? They are paid to do a job. Have some faith in your so called team to do it's job.

Press conference is going to kill this team w/ it being a distraction. Gosh! How on earth are they ever going to get back on track of winning. We are sinking. We have sunk. DOOOOOOOMMMED !!!

We lose Sunday because of this PC. Who knew?

Screw you Crystal Balls.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Dallas;1736565 said:
This is comedy. Why do human beings need to constantly see the downside of everything? Not just a few things. Everything!!!

I mean really. What negative is there w/ this deal w/ Romo? So what JJ is having a press conference. Can we not let this team of grown men, be men? What's wrong w/ that? They are paid to do a job. Have some faith in your so called team to do it's job.

Press conference is going to kill this team w/ it being a distraction. Gosh! How on earth are they ever going to get back on track of winning. We are sinking. We have sunk. DOOOOOOOMMMED !!!

We lose Sunday because of this PC. Who knew?

Screw you Crystal Balls.

Talk about comedy, why do human beings constantly over-react?

In my original post, I made an innocent comment like, "I wish this would have been during the off week, and not right in the middle of the week while we are preparing for the Iggles." ... and it has prompted this response.

I wasn't seeing the downside, I wasn't suggesting anything negative, I didn't say I had no faith in this group of men, I didn't say it would kill the team, I didn't say it would take us off-track, I didn't suggest we were sunk or DOOOOMED.

I didn't suggest we would lose because of this PC.

I just said for me, last week made more sense.

TonyRomo#9

the easy answer is that it probobly took all of last week in negotiations to get them to where they are now..