DMN Blog: Demarcus Ware wins Defensive POTW

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DeMarcus Ware honored

10:19 AM Wed, Dec 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

DeMarcus Ware's three sack, seven-tackle, two-quarterback pressures, two-forced fumble effort against the New York Giants did not go unnoticed obviously. He was named the NFC's Defensive Player of the Week.

It was Ware's third game of the season with at least three sacks and the fifth of his career.

Oh, by the way, he leads the NFL with 19 sacks, too.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (1) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So what does a player get besides recognition when they win these types of awards? Any money from the team or league? A trophy? A free ticket to the movies? Anything? :confused:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2501763 said:
So what does a player get besides recognition when they win these types of awards? Any money from the team or league? A trophy? A free ticket to the movies? Anything? :confused:

More ammo come contract talking time?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;2501776 said:
More ammo come contract talking time?

Well, if that's all it is, Ware does not need any ammo! He already has an atom bomb at his disposal and if Jerry does not pay him someone will!

Maybe even the eagles! (nah, i take that back...unless Ware wants to play for $3.99 per game)

;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2501785 said:
Well, if that's all it is, Ware does not need any ammo! He already has an atom bomb at his disposal and if Jerry does not pay him someone will!

Maybe even the eagles! (nah, i take that back...unless Ware wants to play for $3.99 per game)

;)

Yeah I agree.

I just don't know if they actually get anything from those internet poll awards.

I know players get extra stuff for making probowls or getting so many sacks and so on in some contracts.

Doubt they get much more than a plaque or something from those net poll awards but who knows, maybe they donate money to a charity or scholarship in the players name.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;2501805 said:
Yeah I agree.

I just don't know if they actually get anything from those internet poll awards.

I know players get extra stuff for making probowls or getting so many sacks and so on in some contracts.

Doubt they get much more than a plaque or something from those net poll awards but who knows, maybe they donate money to a charity or scholarship in the players name.

Oh, right...I totally forgot about contract incentives.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
5Stars;2501785 said:

;)
oh you can bet the ranch Demarcus isn't ever leaving.:D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo2Owens4six;2501825 said:
oh you can bet the ranch Demarcus isn't ever leaving.:D

I'm with you. He will retire as a Cowboy, IMO. Players like him don't come along that often.

;)

DALLAS D

Reaction score
adbutcher;2501732 said:
That has a nice ring to it.

And speaking of ring..lets hope its Defensive Player of the week, then year, and then a nice shinny superbowl ring..one can only hope.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2501729 said:
next up Def. player of the year:D

LOL!

I thought this was the Defensive Player of the Year Award at first. :( :)

It's coming.

It's coming.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I do believe he's going to win the DPOTY award. As long as he gets at least 2 sacks, total, over the next two games he'll easily win it. If he breaks Strahans record he'll win it in a landslide.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img149.*************/img149/7264/demarcuswareisamodelofcmh6.jpg

Eskimo

Reaction score
I initially thought - Defensive Player of the World - and thought that was quite appropriate until I realized there was no such award.:laugh1:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I was skeptical about Ware's shot at DPOY.

Since then, he busted out two DPOW awards -- more importantly, he saved those performances for some of the highest rated games of the season.

He's clearly the front runner now.