DMN Blog: Felix Jones still isn't on the practice field

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
November 13, 2008

1:31 PM Thu, Nov 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Felix Jones' slim chances of playing Sunday didn't improve today. He's not practicing again.

At this point, it'd be stunning if Jones played against the Commanders. The risk of aggravating his hamstring injury, which might end his season, isn't justified by the potential reward a speed back with a bad wheel can provide. Plus, it's asking an awful lot of a rookie to play in a game with major playoff implications after practicing once in the previous month.

LB Bobby Carpenter (groin) and WR Isaiah Stanback (unknown) are also sitting out practice.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
soo did he reinjure it when he was running those 200 yard sprints?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2416163 said:
November 13, 2008

1:31 PM Thu, Nov 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Felix Jones' slim chances of playing Sunday didn't improve today. He's not practicing again.

At this point, it'd be stunning if Jones played against the Commanders. The risk of aggravating his hamstring injury, which might end his season, isn't justified by the potential reward a speed back with a bad wheel can provide. Plus, it's asking an awful lot of a rookie to play in a game with major playoff implications after practicing once in the previous month.

LB Bobby Carpenter (groin) and WR Isaiah Stanback (unknown) are also sitting out practice.

Man, what is wrong with Stanback?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
This could be fluff. For all we know, Jones could be 100% and we are trying to keep him out of the Commanders mind in regard to game planning. Think about it, you can cover Barber out of the backfield with a LB and get away with it, If you cover Jones with a LB, you will lose the game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm hoping, really hoping, that this is all just really smoke screens by Dallas and that Jones is not only going to play but play significant time.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
November 13, 2008
Carpenter Out, Too

Linebacker Bobby Carpenter said his strained groin has been feeling better and that he hopes to play on Sunday against the Commanders. He was, however, held out of practice for the second consecutive day on Thursday.
If he's unable to go against the Commanders, his impact will mostly be felt on special teams where he plays on just about every unit.

- Mac Engel

Thomas82

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2416245 said:
This could be fluff. For all we know, Jones could be 100% and we are trying to keep him out of the Commanders mind in regard to game planning. Think about it, you can cover Barber out of the backfield with a LB and get away with it, If you cover Jones with a LB, you will lose the game.

BraveHeartFan;2416253 said:
I'm hoping, really hoping, that this is all just really smoke screens by Dallas and that Jones is not only going to play but play significant time.

I really hope that is the case, I really do.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Not surprised. You never know the exact timetable with a hamstring injury. He could be done for the year.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2416174 said:

He's suffering from a bad case of, "I don't know why I'm still on this team"-itis.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2416174 said:

Wade said his shoulder popped out of socket again... They're going to see if it calms down like last time and he can play with it. Said he doesn't know if IS will need surgery or not.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
no reason to rush him back, especially in a game at a stadium where the field may be an issue...if its really slick or tore up any, he could easily re-injure his hammy and be gone for the rest of the yr...there's nothing wrong with holding him out another week to make sure he is 100%, then have him for two games in 4 days at Texas Stadium