DMN Blog: Game Inactives (Both Thompson and Stanback out)

daboyzareback

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys
Inactives: DB Evan Oglesby, RB Tyson Thompson, G Joe Berger, OT Doug Free, OT Jason Marten, WR Isaiah Stanbeck, TE Tony Curtis, NT Remi Ayodele.
Fantasy take: Tank Johnson is active, which is good news for the value of the Dallas defense.

New York Giants
Inactives: WR Steve Smith, QB Jared Lorenzen, CB Corey Webster, RB Derrick Ward, T Adam Koets, DE Dave Tollefson, DT Manuel Wright, G Kevin Boothe.
Fantasy take: Plaxico Burress is active and will start. Reuben Droughns will see more work Behind Brandon Jacobs in the absence of Ward.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
why is tony curtis inactive???? and with TT and Stanback both out, I guess it is Austin returning kicks.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stanback and Thompson sit

COWBOYS: CB Evan Oglesby, RB Tyson Thompson, G Joe Berger, OT Doug Free, OT James Marten, WR Terry Glenn, WR Isaiah Stanback, NT Remi Ayodele

GIANTS: WR Steve Smith, 3QB Jared Lorenzen, CB Corey Webster, RB Derrick Ward, OT Adam Koets, DE Dave Tollefson, DT Manny Wright, OG Kevin Boothe.

Thompson is a mild surprise for the Cowboys, since a shoulder injury sidelined Stanback. Miles Austin will be the primary kick returner for the first time since the playoff loss in Seattle, when he took one to the house. That makes Thompson, an Irving native, the third-string kick returner and tailback. Deon "Cricket" Anderson's injury might have saved Thompson's job.

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:08 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (0)

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Hopefully Austin can have a repeat of what he did last year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys-Giants pre-game notes
Looks like WR Miles Austin will be returning kickoffs today. That's because kick returners Isaiah Stanback (shoulder), and Tyson Thompson are inactive against the Giants.

Other Cowboys inactives include: CB Evan Oglesby, G Joe Berger, T Doug Free, T James Marten, WR Terry Glenn and NT Remi Ayodele.

-- Just passed NT Tank Johnson on his way to the field for pre-game warmups. He had his headphones on with an intense look on his face. He has been excited about returning and makes his Cowboys debut today after serving an eight-game suspension for violation the NFL's code of conduct policy. Johnson wears No. 66 and could make a big impact right away.

_ Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:16 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Last week the eagles were kicking away from Austin, so Stanback got the returns. Don't be surprised if the other guy gets the returns this week. Whether its Nate Jones....or Jacques Reeves, or whoever.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thompson's certainly fallen out of favor. I think he may be an ex-Cowboy soon.....

hairic

Reaction score
Anyone remember if Alonzo Coleman returned kickoffs in preseason?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Teague31;1756314 said:
why is tony curtis inactive???? and with TT and Stanback both out, I guess it is Austin returning kicks.

Nate Jones and Austin

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stasheroo;1756335 said:
Thompson's certainly fallen out of favor. I think he may be an ex-Cowboy soon.....

I expect he'll get cut for a FB or Alan Ball next week

hairic

Reaction score
This is Courtney Brown's first time to be active, wonder if he'll get a couple plays in dime or quarter defense.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1756382 said:
I expect he'll get cut for a FB or Alan Ball next week
You'd think it would have to be another back, if they do cut him. Coleman, I'd guess.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
hairic;1756385 said:
This is Courtney Brown's first time to be active, wonder if he'll get a couple plays in dime or quarter defense.
was he the rookie playing safety in preseason or cb?

hairic

Reaction score
He was the safety, the one that got the pick at Minnesota (last preseason game).

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1756403 said:
was he the rookie playing safety in preseason or cb?
Yup, he is a rookie, transitioning to FS from being CB at college.

Duane

Reaction score
I think Tyson is done here after this year. He hasn't given us anything in the return game that we haven't gotten out basically anyone else we put back there.