DMN Blog: Gurode sits out practice..

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
this cant be good.

Andre Gurode sits out practice

1:40 PM Thu, Oct 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips
Pro Bowl C Andre Gurode isn't practicing today. He walked out onto the field, wearing shorts and a sweatshirt and with tape on his left ankle, just before the media got booted.
Cory Procter was working at center and Montrae Holland at left guard.
More to come on this when we get briefed by Dr. Wade Phillips.

ddh33

Reaction score
Maybe something good will come out of this, and Holland will be at LG Sunday.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2303813 said:
this cant be good.

Andre Gurode sits out practice

1:40 PM Thu, Oct 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips
Pro Bowl C Andre Gurode isn't practicing today. He walked out onto the field, wearing shorts and a sweatshirt and with tape on his left ankle, just before the media got booted.
Cory Procter was working at center and Montrae Holland at left guard.
More to come on this when we get briefed by Dr. Wade Phillips.

How did he get injured?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cant be good if gurode is not there.

Hopefully it is just a precautionary thing that he missed part of practice.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is just the team be cautious and not risking any real injury. We certainly don't want to have to go without the starting center for any amount of time, at all.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2303825 said:
cant be good if gurode is not there.

Hopefully it is just a precautionary thing that he missed part of practice.

Did you see him get injured in the Skins game? I didn't-maybe it just got swollen or something today, and he'll be OK tomorrow?

Either way-like another poster said-Holland is getting some reps in practice, maybe he'll be good to go at LG on Sun!

silver

Reaction score
Boy oh boy. This is starting to worry me. Pretty soon only the rookies will practice. This reminds me of the late 80's when Kevin Brooks missed practice with an infected armpit hair follicle. :mad:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Andre Gurode out

Cowboys Pro Bowl center Andre Gurode sat out of practice on Thursday with a sprained left ankle. He suffered the injury in Wednesday's practice. Cory Procter worked at center with Montrae Holland filling in at left guard.

Nose tackle Tank Johnson returned to practice. Safety Pat Watkins (shoulder) did not practice for the second consecutive day.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 01:50 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
juckie;2303869 said:
This is very bad.Procter sucks so bad.

Proctor doesn't suck. But he's not Gurode either. I don't want to see Holland and Proctor in there though.

silver

Reaction score
jobberone;2303878 said:
Proctor doesn't suck. But he's not Gurode either. I don't want to see Holland and Proctor in there though.

i tottally agree. Proctor is good but he's no Gurode. At least physically he's not, but the guy is a scrapper who'll fight you all game long. I'm more worried about Holland being in there. Somehow I doubt he adds anything other than another looks like tarzan plays like jane guy.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
I'm surprised he even has time to play on the Cowboys these days, what with his role on this season of Prison Break as Wyatt the assassin

pris4-wyatt.jpg