DMN: Blog: Horn: Going Inside Tony Romo

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2480185 said:
It was a curl route to Jason Witten. For heaven's sake, it's not like he threw a bomb into triple coverage (though he's known to do that). It doesn't take fearlessness or overcaution to make that play. It just takes the receiver running the right route.
He threw the ball high under pressure. It didnt matter what route Witten ran cause the pressure was gonna force the ball higher than where it need to be.

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2480189 said:
It may have looked high because Jason wasn't there.
So the DB(who was playing waaay off of Witten) had to go airbourne to catch a ball what was meant for him? I dont remember Witten catching jump balls, outside of that awesome one hander against Seattle.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;2480201 said:
So the DB(who was playing waaay off of Witten) had to go airbourne to catch a ball what was meant for him? I dont remember Witten catching jump balls, outside of that awesome one hander against Seattle.
Townsend is 5'10". Witten is 6'5". Townsend was sitting there waiting on that route (according to a quote from him). If he could have grabbed it, then Jason surely could have. In fact, I think Jason's chances of grabbing that ball over Townsend are extremely high -- if he runs the route.

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2480223 said:
Townsend is 5'10". Witten is 6'5". Townsend was sitting there waiting on that route (according to a quote from him). If he could have grabbed it, then Jason surely could have. In fact, I think Jason's chances of grabbing that ball over Townsend are extremely high -- if he runs the route.
Only Yao Ming could catch that pass without leaving his feet.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;2480229 said:
Only Yao Ming could catch that pass without leaving his feet.
Sorry, no. Either way, being high only helps Witten catch the ball over Townsend.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Danny White;2479863 said:
What an absolutely horrible article title. :puke:

31NVHB%2BtsLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg