DMN Blog: Iggles fans still think T.O. [stinks]

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Iggles fans still think T.O. [stinks]

Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb hugged it out, squashing their hard feelings in a warm yet manly embrace at a Super Bowl party.

The vast majority of Philadelphia fans aren’t so willing to forgive and forget the Original 81.

The anti-T.O. passion is still alive and well two years after his bitter breakup with the Eagles. We spotted several T-shirts with T.O.-related slogans and pictures not fit to print on a family blog. One particularly vile sign incorporated a rubber replica of Eagles tackle Jon Runyan’s injured body part above a picture of T.O.

T.O. said this week that Philly folks only pretend to hate him. He feels like there's a lot of love in those boos.

I braved the parking lot to ask Eagles fans how they really feel about the fella who set the franchise’s touchdown receptions record in his only full season in Philly. I prefaced the question by requesting profanity-free answers.

"Well, then I’m speechless," Doug Hopkins said before giving an R-rated answer.

The consensus opinion was that T.O. could have been right up there with Rocky as far as Philly popularity goes, but he was too selfish to take advantage of the opportunity. And that's a sin Eagles lovers aren't willing to forgive, especially with T.O. playing for the hated Cowboys.

"He leads the league in dropped passes, and he dropped a big one here," Pat Bernard said between swigs of his cold beverage. "He coulda been a hero!"

But a few Eagles fans admitted that T.O. was right when he said they'd fall right back in love with him if he played for the Eagles again.

Dom Sabato was sporting a T-shirt that said, "I HAVE 81 NEW REASONS WHY DALLAS [STINKS]," and had a No. 81 Eagles jersey he planned to burn in the parking lot. Yet he fessed up that his anti-T.O. antics were just for show.

"Nah, T.O.’s good," Sabato said quietly, making sure no other Eagles fans were in earshot. "I would have rather kept T.O. than McNabb, to tell you the truth."

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 5:33 PM (E-mail this entry)

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Every Eagles fan I know right now is texting me with how much they dislike McNabb..it's awesome.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
I'm happy to say that I have no friends who are E-gals fans :starspin

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1743407 said:
I prefaced the question by requesting profanity-free answers.

"Well, then I’m speechless," Doug Hopkins said before giving an R-rated answer.

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 5:33 PM (E-mail this entry)

That says a lot about their IQ.