WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is a loss a good thing?

4:44 PM Mon, Sep 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

I've never really bought that theory, but what do I know.

Patrick Crayton seemed to agree with comments that Adam Jones made after the game: "I think it's good sometimes you do get set down on your butt for a second to realize that you were getting away with some mistakes."

Marcus Spears wasn't sure.

"I don't agree with that because every one you play you try to win," Spears said. "It's a twist. You can lose and be the worst team or you can lose and be a good team and it's a wakeup call. If we were a bad team and lost, it would be devastating, like, 'Well, there goes another one.' In this locker room, as hard as we work, it's never a good thing and you make sure you not allow the same types of things happen the next time."

Added from other blog: Cowboys defensive end Marcus Spears said, "It's always a big atom bomb dropped any time we lose."

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Que someone saying "Well Marcus, if only you played as well as you talked."

:rolleyes:

Good comments from Crayton and Spears. I like that they both express their own views about the game without starting anything.

utrunner07

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2297071 said:
"I think it's good sometimes you do get set down on your butt for a second to realize that you were getting away with some mistakes."

And here, in this one sentence, we have the reason why this team will continue to underachieve. I don't blame the players as much as the coaches. Why the coaches AND the players could not have seen this coming when I and many other fans did is beyond me...Jimmy Johnson would have seen it coming. He would have picked up on the mistakes in the Philli and GB game, there were lots, and would have ripped this team up and down. Now Im not saying bring back Jimmy, but I am saying this team needs a coach like that. They are not mature, driven or disciplined enough to truly succeed under anything less.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Jones said exactly what ive been saying yesterday and today! obviously we rather not lose but this could be a blessing in disguise because our weaknesses were exposed for everyone to see and now we have to adjust! its better for this to have happened early in the season than in week 11 or 12when its getting closer to playoff time and there's less time to try new stuff when all season you have done things one way and its been wrong!

superpunk

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2297071 said:
"I think it's good sometimes you do get set down on your butt for a second to realize that you were getting away with some mistakes."
And here I thought that's why we payed coaches.

Oh well....live and learn.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
"I don't agree with that because every one you play you try to win," Spears said. "It's a twist. You can lose and be the worst team or you can lose and be a good team and it's a wakeup call. If we were a bad team and lost, it would be devastating, like, 'Well, there goes another one.' In this locker room, as hard as we work, it's never a good thing and you make sure you not allow the same types of things happen the next time."
Thank you Spears. This is what Bradie James SHOULD have said.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
utrunner07;2297095 said:
And here, in this one sentence, we have the reason why this team will continue to underachieve. I don't blame the players as much as the coaches. Why the coaches AND the players could not have seen this coming when I and many other fans did is beyond me...Jimmy Johnson would have seen it coming. He would have picked up on the mistakes in the Philli and GB game, there were lots, and would have ripped this team up and down. Now Im not saying bring back Jimmy, but I am saying this team needs a coach like that. They are not mature, driven or disciplined enough to truly succeed under anything less.
true we should have seen this coming but i dont agree with your first sentence. its so early in the year that realizing it right now so we still have plenty of time to fix our weaknesses. like i said in my other post its better that this happened early in the year when we still have a chance than later in the year when its almost playoff time and too late. its not yet too late!

utrunner07

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2297118 said:
its so early in the year that realizing it right now so we still have plenty of time to fix our weaknesses. like i said in my other post its better that this happened early in the year when we still have a chance than later in the year when its almost playoff time and too late. its not yet too late!

I agree its not too late, but I don't see this coaching staff mentality changing. Wade's ho hum lazefarie attitude is this teams downfall. It was last year and has not changed in four games this year. He should have been fumed after the Philli win but no no, it was aw shucks guys we won the game....I hope your right Hammer, but I just don't see Wade changing.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Anyone who remembers Landry's teams knows that a couple of times a year, we had these (as he called them) "flat" games where we just didn't look ready or energetic.

I can only imagine if the innerwebs had been around back then.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
utrunner07;2297126 said:
I agree its not too late, but I don't see this coaching staff mentality changing. Wade's ho hum lazefarie attitude is this teams downfall. It was last year and has not changed in four games this year. He should have been fumed after the Philli win but no no, it was aw shucks guys we won the game....I hope your right Hammer, but I just don't see Wade changing.
ah gotta admit as much as ive been preaching that this is a good thing and that now we have a chance to fix these things, my fear is that the coaching staff wont take full advantage... i also admit i was really puzzled after the philly game that Wade wasnt livid about all the stupid penalties he pretty much said they werent a big deal. ah the next couple weeks will be crucial. i dont mean because its important we win these games because we are playing some garbage teams but they will be important because its our perfect chance to implement a new aggressive philosophy on defense and get the run game going again before we start playing the top dogs again...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
187beatdown;2297079 said:
Que someone saying "Well Marcus, if only you played as well as you talked."

Spears was the only defensive lineman who played well against the run yesterday.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
look we are 16-4 in our last 20 games...we are winners...now we have to learn from this loss, get better, bring it every game and we will win in the playoffs.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
A loss to the Skins says it all. And in our house. Can't say I feel nauseous over it but it is a sick feeling.

They're all right. No one wants a loss but once it occurs you learn from it and get better. That's life. And I'd not want anyone around who doesn't hate to lose.