DMN Blog: It's a week to week league...more Bradie

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a week to week league

4:39 PM Mon, Sep 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Bradie James has learned many things since coming to the Cowboys in 2003.

Last week the Cowboys could do no wrong. Today, at least to some of the tenor in a chat I did earlier today, some wonder if the Cowboys will get a first down again.

"At one point, I guess, you can be considered the best team in the league but that doesn't matter now," James said. "You can be considered the best team then go out and lose a playoff game and you're sitting at home with everybody else. Right now what matters is learning from our mistakes, racking up as many wins as we can get, get to the playoffs, win.

"It's hard pressed to say you're going to go undefeated. I didn't want to go undefeated. I want to win the games that count."

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2297054 said:
If he only played as well as he talks.

He actually had a very good game yesterday. Not sure what you were watching.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2297066 said:

Agreed. But some in here are still reeling about the loss. I know I'm still pissed. But this is not the end of the world. One loss, to a pretty good Commanders team. Time to prepare for the next game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The coaches have said he has been the most under rated player this season as well.

But hey what do they know...

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
yea i have no complains about Bradie he is one of the few players that made plays all day

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Sorry. Forgot I can't offer any criticism without running it past you first.

I was watching Portis running wild with a lot of push in the middle. And I know I saw at least one occasion where James ineffectively blitzed while being stonewalled.

That said, HE was not the reason why we lost.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

I thought so too, but whenever I read this forum, I figure those that I thought played well, didn't etc

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CATCH17;2297075 said:
The coaches have said he has been the most under rated player this season as well.

But hey what do they know...
Remember? Wade's a liar.

slick325

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2297035 said:

Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Last week the Cowboys could do no wrong. Today, at least to some of the tenor in a chat I did earlier today, some wonder if the Cowboys will get a first down again.

"At one point, I guess, you can be considered the best team in the league but that doesn't matter now," James said. "You can be considered the best team then go out and lose a playoff game and you're sitting at home with everybody else. Right now what matters is learning from our mistakes, racking up as many wins as we can get, get to the playoffs, win.

"It's hard pressed to say you're going to go undefeated. I didn't want to go undefeated. I want to win the games that count."

Man, Bradie James is making me a fan of his right now!!!! If last season taught me nothing else, I learned that September and October success means only enough to get you to the tournament where every game counts and if you don't win there...the season was a failure. As Troy used to say, at the end of every season 31 teams failed to reach their goal.

I am glad this teams leaders seem to have that in perspective.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2297035 said:

This is exactly what zach thomas said last night on the post game show.

I really hope that is the thought process in the locker room. You can win and lose any week, anywhere against anyone. That is what I hope the message is.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Don't try to turn this into something else cuz you don't like my stance on Roy.

James (and Tank/Spears) all talk like hall-of-famers, but it doesn't carry over onto the field.

Thats the only point I'm trying to make.

Again, for those who can't read, I'm not saying he's why we lost. I'm just saying I wished he played as great as he talks.

windward;2297138 said:
Remember? Wade's a liar.