DMN: Blog: It's not all trash talk between T.O. and Pacman *Merge*

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
It's not all trash talk between T.O. and Pacman

7:39 PM Wed, Jul 30, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

If you get close enough, you'll see a lot of lips moving when T.O. and Adam "Pacman" Jones square off during practices.

Some of that is good, old-fashioned talking noise between two competitors who love playing to the crowds here in Oxnard. But a lot of the conversation between the two headliners is productive.

Take, for example, the skinny post on which T.O. toasted Pacman the other day. There was a lot of show on that play, with Pacman waving his hands beforehand to hype the crowd, Tony Romo replacing Richard Bartel right before the snap and T.O. spiking the ball and soaking in the crowd's cheers after scoring.

Once things quieted down, Pacman asked T.O. why he was able to get inside him so fast. T.O. said it was all about taking advantage of Pacman turning his hips when T.O. juked outside, advising him to stay on top of the receiver when he turned his hips.

"Just little things, man," Pacman said this afternoon. "I've got a lot to learn. I'm not a rookie in this game. I am a veteran, but you're never too good to learn more. That's what I'm doing."

But Pacman wants to make sure folks know he's holding his own in this camp's headline showdown. By his count, he's up one practice on T.O.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the good-natured banter between these two. Can't wait for live game action, even if it is only preseason.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2167361 said:
I love the good-natured banter between these two. Can't wait for live game action, even if it is only preseason.

T.O. will be good for Pacman ..... he can show him how to have fun without breaking the law.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pacman vs. T.O.

The best battle in camp remains Terrell Owens vs. Pacman Jones.

So Pacman, what's the score between you guys so far?

"I might be up one or we're tied," Pacman said. "I think I'm up one today though."

Owens and Pacman continue to talk and the cornerback is trying to learn from the veteran receiver. He wanted to know about the play he was beat on earlier in camp on double move that sent the crowd wild.

"You are never too good to learn more," Pacman said.

During Wednesday morning's practice Pacman broke up a would-be touchdown against Owens in the back of the end zone and Owens fell down after the play. Owens complained he was pushed as he sat on the ground.

"He said I pushed him after the play," Pacman said. "I kissed him and told him he was all right. I am just kidding, that's my boy."

The first-team repititions are also allowing Pacman to get back to his top form quicker.

"It's getting me back a little bit faster, especially going against T.O. and P.C. everyday going against two of the best that's playing right now. I am playing against the highest level so it's getting me back a lot quicker that I thought I would."

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 08:45 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Reaction score
It's not all trash talk between T.O. and Pacman

Tim MacMahon
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/NS_29CowboysJ-thumb-250x257.jpg
If you get close enough, you'll see a lot of lips moving when T.O. and Adam "Pacman" Jones square off during practices.
Some of that is good, old-fashioned talking noise between two competitors who love playing to the crowds here in Oxnard. But a lot of the conversation between the two headliners is productive.
Take, for example, the skinny post on which T.O. toasted Pacman the other day. There was a lot of show on that play, with Pacman waving his hands beforehand to hype the crowd, Tony Romo replacing Richard Bartel right before the snap and T.O. spiking the ball and soaking in the crowd's cheers after scoring.
Once things quieted down, Pacman asked T.O. why he was able to get inside him so fast. T.O. said it was all about taking advantage of Pacman turning his hips when T.O. juked outside, advising him to stay on top of the receiver when he turned his hips.
"Just little things, man," Pacman said this afternoon. "I've got a lot to learn. I'm not a rookie in this game. I am a veteran, but you're never too good to learn more. That's what I'm doing."
But Pacman wants to make sure folks know he's holding his own in this camp's headline showdown. By his count, he's up one practice on T.O.

Adam Jones keeps it up, he maybe a Probowler for us soon enough. Prcaticing against the best like T.O. will only make Jones that much better when he lines up against other WR's. I applaud Jerry Jones for making this bold move.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
As much as people rib Jones for being immature, those statements tell me he isn't an immature football player. If he can translate off the field, he is going to turn his life around quick.

sago1

Reaction score
Wonder if Adam was like this on the field in Tennessee. I know in his interview he claimed he was always the first player on the field; when asked which WR he targeted to work again in Tennessee, he initially said best WR was himself but then mentioned a Tennessee WR I never heard of but who subsequently identified as probably being #3 or #4 on Cowboys depth chart.

Let's just hope Adam's off field activities have changed for the better. Frankly I do think he's a lot happier with the Cowboys in Dallas then he might have been in Tennessee. I think he finds playing for the Cowboys more challenging then with the Titans, loves the high profile of the Cowboys & all those big names on his team & suspect he also wants to become a big name himself (but not negatively off the field like he was before).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All this talk about how well Pacman is doing makes me want to throw my money in the air and then spit on a hooker. To celebrate.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2167512 said:
All this talk about how well Pacman is doing makes me want to throw my money in the air and then spit on a hooker. To celebrate.

what happened to ho?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I love that we're getting reports how Owens is helping out the younger receivers and CBs.

Though I haven't seen anything on ESPN about it...too bad

SkinsSuck09

Reaction score
The fact that Pacman doesnt think so highly of himself that he doesnt want to learn is awesome. No one knows it all. If he gets reinstated and starts, put him down for 6 - 10 picks for the year. Amazing how he is always able to get picks, him and Henry, Newman....WOW, going to be amazing. Cant wait to see it.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I still have a Giant fan in my office talking about how TO could implode at any minute.