DMN Blog: Jason Witten: Tony Romo's trying to get his good friend T.O. the ball

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Witten: Tony Romo's trying to get his good friend T.O. the ball

4:24 PM Tue, Sep 30, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Jason Witten made an appearance on Dan Patrick's radio show, and believe it or not, T.O.'s desire to get more passes thrown his direction came up during the conversation.

Witten, Romo's road roomie and most reliable target, certainly didn't say anything to fan the flames. He prefaced his answer by saying he hadn't heard all of T.O.'s postgame comments, but he doesn't think it's a big deal.

"Obviously he's frustrated because we lost, but he's a big part of what we're doing," Witten said. "He's our guy, and I think everybody knows that and feels confident that we're trying to get him the ball as much as we can. For him to be disappointed, I think we all are."

Witten doesn't see any problem with T.O. discussing his role in the offense with Romo, either.

"They're comfortable enough, they're good enough friends and they've got a good enough relationship that they'll address it that way," Witten said. "I think Tony's trying to get him the ball. I mean, I think he's trying to get it to all our playmakers, and I think Tony realizes firsthand how good Terrell is and how important he is to what we're doing."

Of course, if Witten were worried about T.O. causing problems, the last thing he'd do is express those concerns on a national radio show.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (12) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Mansta54

Reaction score
Again, TO and the Boyz are just fine. They lost a ball game and the media is all over it. Those guys aren't sweating all the hype I guarantee you that. Don't believe all the ESPN, media noise...

Boysboy

Reaction score
*sigh* I knew this was going to be a LONG week.

Other than that, this is no big deal what Witten said.

BTW-McMahon needs to change the TITLE of his article.

StylisticS

Reaction score
ESPN wants you to beleive that hype. They were waiting for this for 2 years. Bunch of clowns.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
StylisticS;2300002 said:
ESPN wants you to beleive that hype. They were waiting for this for 2 years. Bunch of clowns.

I'm not very happy with them either. Annoyed might be the word for their anti-Cowboy crap.

What I hate is the fact they look like fools punching those lines out. It is totally out of character for a couple of them and its demeaning. I want sports not soap operas.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Now this is the type of player I want to hear from. Not some hurting backup needing some air time or trying to mustard up a trade before the deadline for himself. I've been saying it all day. When I hear Jerry, Wade, Owens, Romo, Witten or Barber say their piece on the situation then I'll listen and accept it for what is said. If it's a defensive player yapping this week I just want to hear how hungry they are to get into a ball game, hit someone and right this ship. All the other malcontents need to keep their yap shut. I don't want to hear Barbie Carpenter or Tank.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
So let's see, Witten says Romo understands how important Owens is to the team so he tries to get him the ball

Ok, that is fine

then the author says, of course if he were upset about what Owens said, he wouldn't say anything anyway.

We can't win

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From Grizz's exclusive...

BTB: Let me ask you about the controversial stuff that is going on right now. The media is really playing up the comments that T.O. made after the game. What's your take on that, does that get into the locker room in any way? Does anybody talk about it or joke about it with T.O. after that kind of stuff blows up in the media?

Bradie: I mean you just said it, the media said that stuff, T.O. isn't saying it. What's crazy is, for you to say it like that shows you guys know (the fans) that the media just wants to blow it out of proportion because part of it is their job and they want to have something to talk about. Is it right, is fair to us? No. But nobody cares about that, they just think that we're supposed to go out there and play football. But, you know, we're not going to allow the media to come into the locker room and stir up a mess, that's basically what they're doing. They want to stir up some things to tear us apart but you know that's part of the job, this is not our first rodeo. As long as we know that T.O. is humble and we're not at each others' throat, it's fine.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2008/9/30/625488/btb-exclusive-interview-wi

StylisticS

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2300397 said:

Good job Bradie. You finally say something I agree with. Hopefully you can transfer tht to the field.:D Seriously, I agree. It is kinda telling that the fans can see through the media. I don't know what happened to PTI. Use to be the best show on ESPN. But now they have fell in line with those gossip entertainment news type of crap that the rest of the network is all about.