DMN: Blog: Jerry on Parcells

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Jerry on Parcells

5:25 PM Fri, Dec 21, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer

Looks like 790 The Ticket might as well be hubbed not in Miami, but the Metroplex, because the Cowboys talk keeps coming from them.

Jerry Jones is a guest on The Michael Irvin Show, and he's been effusive in his praise for new Dolphins VP Bill Parcells.

"There’s nobody smarter than Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells, and you’ve got to respect that," Jones said. "I’ve certainly made my best decisions when I’ve been around someone who’s really smart, and I made my best decisions around those guys."

Jones said he didn't disagree strongly with Parcells more than four or five times, and that "Bill was more on board with Terrell (Owens) than people think." And he also went over how he would recommend Parcells to others. Follow the jump to see what he said.

"Anyone who asked me about Bill Parcells was going to get the following: He’s very smart, and boy he understands football," Jones said. "Does he make all perfect decisions? Of course not, that’s impossible for anyone to do. But is he passionate, does he have the work ethic? I’ve never been around somebody who worked harder than Bill Parcells.

"And so all of that is there. Are there things you have to work through when you’re working with Bill? Yes. But I’m going to tell you in terms of working with him, he was a joy for me to work with, because you can disagree, but we both worked hard not to let those be awkward or bruise us up. We worked very hard to not let that happen."

Then, came the inevitable. The Jess and Tony question. Jones dodged it a bit, saying: "When I look at a man, I must tell you that I look at his significant other. And if she is very special, I raise him two notches. I haven’t seen too many guys that do well in that area, that don’t also compete pretty well, I don’t care if it’s football or off the field."

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
When I first read the thread title, I thought this was bigger news than it really is. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
AsthmaField;1848678 said:
When I first read the thread title, I thought this was bigger news than it really is. :)

Hmmm...I wonder if Jessica thought the same thing...afterwards? :confused: