WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ken Hamlin is a heck of a dominoes player
1:09 PM Thu, Oct 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

The most exciting thing that happened during today's media access period was Ken Hamlin slamming a domino down on a table in the players' cafeteria and celebrating his win with a funky dance.

Steve Dennis was doing a survey for T.O.'s Inside the Huddle Show on whether T.O. or Hamlin is a better domino player. Hamlin won that vote in a landslide and then provided some evidence.

There were a lot more players in the cafeteria, where the media isn't allowed, than the locker room, where we are. That's why backup safeties Courtney Brown and Keith Davis got full-fledged media hordes around them when they stood in front of their lockers.

Speaking of the safeties, expect Davis to play on first and second downs and Brown to come in with the substitution packages with Pat Watkins out this week.

Comments (3) Leave comment | E-mail entry

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Oh dear.

Carson palmer, tj whos your mama, chad johnson, antonio chatman and Chris henry vs our secondary, with Keith Davis starting.

Man we might need to score in the 40s.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Let us all bow our heads during this moment of great sorrow.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Well at least it's not like we're running Lynn Scott, Lance Frazier, and Tony Dixon out there

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kinda feel sorry for Pat Watkins. He's had a number of opportunities to prove that he's starter material, but seems to get hurt when those chances surface.

Oh well, that's life in the NFL. Now that Keith Davis is back, shouldn't he shack up at Adam Jones's apartment? Davis could keep an eye on Jones to prevent him from making it rain and Jones can watch Davis so that he won't get shot driving to church at 4 am. Kill two birds with one stone, I say.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keith Davis in the mix at safety

Cowboys safety/special teams captain Keith Davis could get some extended playing time this week against the Bengals with the shoulder injury to Pat Watkins. Davis, who has been getting reps with the first team, expects to rotate with Courtney Brown at strong safety.

Davis has long craved to be a starter, but has been more valuable as a special teams standout. Davis could be used primarily on first and second down while Brown plays in the nickel and dime packages.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:44 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

Boysboy

Reaction score
If it's for a game or 2, I don't mind Davis coming in. Remember last year when Roy got suspended for a game, Keith game in and played admirably.

Now if it's for an ENTIRE season, that's ANOTHER story.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
DallasEast;2303853 said:
Now that Keith Davis is back, shouldn't he shack up at Adam Jones's apartment? Davis could keep an eye on Jones to prevent him from making it rain and Jones can watch Davis so that he won't get shot driving to church at 4 am. Kill two birds with one stone, I say.

That would also make things easier on Jerry's "security detail."

joseephuss

Reaction score
theebs;2303832 said:
Oh dear.

Carson palmer, tj whos your mama, chad johnson, antonio chatman and Chris henry vs our secondary, with Keith Davis starting.

Man we might need to score in the 40s.

If they are in a 3 receiver set like that then Davis will not be in the game. Brown will be in there.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
joseephuss;2303888 said:
If they are in a 3 receiver set like that then Davis will not be in the game. Brown will be in there.

Yep. If they choose to spread us out it will be an advantage to us, on paper.

If they come out in bigger sets and max protect only sending two guys in routes down the field, I will be terrified of davis on whos your mama, johnson or chatman.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2303899 said:
Yep. If they choose to spread us out it will be an advantage to us, on paper.

If they come out in bigger sets and max protect only sending two guys in routes down the field, I will be terrified of davis on whos your mama, johnson or chatman.
2.jpg

championship!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
What's funny is last year how many people were saying Davis should start over Roy.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Boysboy;2303866 said:
If it's for a game or 2, I don't mind Davis coming in. Remember last year when Roy got suspended for a game, Keith game in and played admirably.

Now if it's for an ENTIRE season, that's ANOTHER story.

you called how he played "admirably"...i call it crap

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Palmer won't be playing.

You think the Browns secondary is better than ours? I doubt it. THe Bungles had 6 points in the 3rd Q vs. the Browns.

Cowboys in a landslide...