DMN: Blog: Links from Packers land

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Links from Packers land

3:14 PM Sat, Sep 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

Before we go out and eat a bunch of brats, I'll give link you folks to some of the Packers coverage in the Wisconsin papers.

*The Wisconsin State Journal's Jason Wilde has a tip for the Cowboys: Expect RB Ryan Grant to get the ball when he's in the game. Grant, who led the NFC in rushing the last half of the 2007 season, has been limited by a sore hamstring. He played 21 snaps last week and had 15 carries.

*The Green Bay Press-Gazette's Pete Dougherty wonders whether nickel DE Kabeer Gbaja-Baimila can generate a pass rush while working against Flozell Adams. Dougherty notes that Adams, who had some problems with Eagles DE Trent Cole but did not allow a sack, is off to a shaky start this season.

*Speaking of OTs off to a shaky start, the Press-Gazette's Tom Pelissero reports that Green Bay LT Chad Clifton has been flagged for holding three times already this season. And Clifton gets the assignment of trying to keep DeMarcus Ware from blasting away at Aaron Rodgers' blind side Sunday night.

*The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn writes that the Packers consider special teams to be a major strength, and Green Bay is bracing for the challenge of containing NFL kickoff return leader Felix Jones and dynamic punt returner Adam "Pacman" Jones. On a related note, the Cowboys' kickoff coverage team will be missing three players: Roy Williams, Deon "Cricket" Anderson and Anthony Spencer.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2272726 said:
Can you eat them at your age??? ;)

It takes awhile...and I usually have a sore jaw at the end of dinner...:D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Cbz40;2272718 said:

*Speaking of OTs off to a shaky start, the Press-Gazette's Tom Pelissero reports that Green Bay LT Chad Clifton has been flagged for holding three times already this season. And Clifton gets the assignment of trying to keep DeMarcus Ware from blasting away at Aaron Rodgers' blind side Sunday night.

I got 20 bucks that says he doesnt sniff a holding call against us tomorrow night...In fact I bet the Pack (which has had a ton of penalties too) hardly has any.

I heard it was Carey's crew doing the game, and everytime he does one of our games we have a ton of penalties against us, we see numerous holding calls on our OL and very few calls on opponents.