DMN Blog: Mike Hamlin looking for a groove

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
12:54 PM Thu, Oct 15, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Rookie safety Mike Hamlin will practice for the second straight day after missing about six weeks with a fractured right wrist. He said he will be available for the Falcons game.

Hamlin will wear a hard cast to protect his wrist but he is able to use his fingers. Gerald Sensabaugh's cast for his thumb fracture will likely cover up most of his fingers too. Hamlin said he was a little rusty on the field Wednesday.

"Once I get in a groove, I'll be all right," Hamlin said.

Hamlin had an impressive start to training camp, showing a knack for knocking passes down over the middle as well as making a few athletic interceptions.

Hamlin said the good news is he's become pretty adept with his left hand.

"I do everything left handed now," Hamlin said. "I'm righthanded but I can text [message] lefthanded, brush my teeth lefthanded. It's crazy."

He even found himself throwing lefthanded on Wednesday.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Gaede

Reaction score
Even when the guy was injured, I'd rather have him on the field than Ken

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wish I could've seen more of the guy in College.

I never heard much hype on him or anything but apparently it was there and I just missed it.

I don't recall anything in the preseason either.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
CATCH17;3017833 said:
I wish I could've seen more of the guy in College.

I never heard much hype on him or anything but apparently it was there and I just missed it.

I don't recall anything in the preseason either.

I'm a big Clemson fan. He's a solid player. Knows how to tackle as well, I'm not saying it'll rub off on the rest of the D, but...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
8FOR!3;3017838 said:
I'm a big Clemson fan. He's a solid player. Knows how to tackle as well, I'm not saying it'll rub off on the rest of the D, but...

Tell us about his covering skills and maybe some of the memories/moments you have about him, please.

Jay

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as Hamlin.. my junior year I fractured my hand in 2 places, and didn't want to miss time. I just put a big cast on it and played.. but you really do learn to do everything with your non-dominant hand. I can still throw a football 30+ yards with my left hand to this day. It was so weird that it only took me a couple of months to start doing stuff left handed.