DMN Blog: Minicamp photos: June 16

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5:10 PM Tue, Jun 16, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Rob Stroope/Editor http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Here are photos from today's minicamp.
Click on the photo to go to the slideshow.

Apologies for the earlier technical difficulties. It's minicamp for us, too.
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/assets_c/2009/06/NS_16COWSmickens-thumb-250x164-46404.jpg

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (2) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Link: http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/pt/slideshows/2009/06/pho_061609_minicamp/

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Manuel Johnson seems to be making a name for himself.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Look at Roy Williams' one handed catch. Picture 8. Damn, thats incredible, and he caught it left handed.

Please prove me wrong this season Roy, if you do - we will be a special offense.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2812792 said:
Look at Roy Williams' one handed catch. Picture 8. Damn, thats incredible, and he caught it left handed.

Please prove me wrong this season Roy, if you do - we will be a special offense.

Funny thing about Roy is that most of his spectacular one handed catches have been with his left hand. I recall the one handed catch from Brad Johsnon in the Giants game last year.

I also recall two from his rookie season when he looked like the MJ log in the air while catching those passes. He called those his Jordan passes.

dback

Reaction score
Funny pic

roywilliamsandmartellus.jpg

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
that's one exciting thing about Roy, he can really catch the football

that's why he's so effective downfield, not that he's a burner, just that he'll go up and get those bombs

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
why is it that every time you post one of these threads and i click the pic it just opens a new window with that pic on it?:laugh2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
chip_gilkey;2812813 said:
why is it that every time you post one of these threads and i click the pic it just opens a new window with that pic on it?:laugh2:
Well on that one, I accidentally disabled the image's hyperlink. It was on there when I first posted it.

I'll fix it.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
What a catch by Roy.

One thing is certain with this guy, he has solid hands.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Siavii does look like a pretty big dude, even compared to Gurode and Holland. It looks like those guys are going at it pretty good even without pads.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2812889 said:
Siavii does look like a pretty big dude, even compared to Gurode and Holland. It looks like those guys are going at it pretty good even without pads.

He's actually considered to be on the small size for his DT position.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2812792 said:

What would be a solid season from Roy by your standards? You seem to be the biggest sane skeptic of Roy here(I don't count Daboys or IlovemeSomeme). I'd be down for 1150 yards and 9 TD's.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2813007 said:
What would be a solid season from Roy by your standards? You seem to be the biggest sane skeptic of Roy here(I don't count Daboys or IlovemeSomeme). I'd be down for 1150 yards and 9 TD's.

Well we gave up a 1st, 3rd, 6th, and a 5 year 45 million dollar contract (richest WR deal in the game) I'd expect him to outperform every other WR in the league given the price we paid.

But I'm a realist, and I understand that if this move leads to us winning a championship all this talk will be for nothing.

I think he'll be given a fair amount of shots in the redzone, particularly with fades which are high percentage plays for him. I'm expecting a very high YPC because Romo will provide him with some big play opportunities.

Hopefully 1,000 + and 8-12 TDs. The ball is going to get spread out a lot more this year, we're going to give a lot of different looks and get certain players in packages to better suit their ability - rather than just merely compliment a certain player and be 2nd options.

Benett and Austin are going to take a big chunk of Roy's stats so I won't be hard on him in that regard. I just hope he works on running better routes, stays healthy, and moves the chains. If he can do that and we protect Romo we'll be in good shape.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Artie Lange;2812996 said:
He's actually considered to be on the small size for his DT position.

Small? He's listed as 6'5 320 lbs. He does look lean tho for his size.

And he's getting real low (a good thing) when he engages the OL. He gets under the pads of both Holland (6'1) and Gurode (6'4).

dback

Reaction score
Rampage;2812811 said:
how did you get that pic off the website?

I cheated and used an old trick. I hit the Print Screen button to copy the screen to the clipboard and pasted it in GIMP (or photoshop, or Paint shop pro, or whatever you use) and then proceeded to crop and save.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
dbacklund;2813170 said:
I cheated and used an old trick. I hit the Print Screen button to copy the screen to the clipboard and pasted it in GIMP (or photoshop, or Paint shop pro, or whatever you use) and then proceeded to crop and save.

I am far to lazy I would have referred to it as Pic 12 on the link and left it at that.

You are my hero though, because if the rest of the world was lazy like me... well then we'd all be Montrell Jones.