DMN Blog: Monday Cowboys and NFL auTVopsy

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
12:21 AM Mon, Nov 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

I. I love Fox. The network loses the BCS to ESPN last week and then it isn't one minute into its BCS segment on Sunday night's OT before Howie Long starts yakking that a playoff would be better for college football than the present system.

II. I'm thinking that his Aggie education is paying off for Martellus Bennett. His post-game line about not being able to see Terrell Owens' NFL Network interview because Bennett has Time Warner Cable was sheer genius. Any day now he should be signing an endorsement agreement with DirecTV and NFL Network. No doubt, he'll ask to do a commercial with DirecTV endorser and fellow Houstonian Beyonce. Not to mention that now NFL commissioner Roger Goodell kind of owes him one.

III. Speaking of Owens, as expected, he was a universal topic on the Sunday morning NFL studio shows before he caught 213 yards worth of passes against the the 49ers. I didn't watch Meet The Press, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Brokaw didn't ask Joseph Lieberman at least one question about T.O. between mundane questions about John MCCain and Barack Obama.

IV. Here was Fox's Long: "T.O.'s been in the league for the past 13 years. What do the last 13 Super Bowl champions have in common? No T.O."

V. Fox's Jimmy Johnson: "The only time we hear from T.O. is when he's playing bad so we're going to hear from him for a long time." Perhaps, but he didn't play so bad against the 49ers.

VI. ESPN's Cris Carter: "No receiver can lead a team to the Super Bowl."

VII. NFL Network's Warren Sapp: "When is T.O. going to be happy? He goes 13-3 with the Cowboys, goes to the Super Bowl with the Eagles, catches 20 balls (in a game) with San Francisco and it's never enough."

VIII. Johnson, who was known to make special accommodations for players he needed in his days with the Cowboys on Roger Goodell's decision to re-instate Pacman Jones: "Everybody needs a 13th chance."

IX. ESPN's Mike Ditka on the Lions' annually hosting a nationally televised Thanksgiving game: "We need to put two teams on every Thanksgiving who are competitive. We all stuff a turkey on Thanksgiving. That doesn't mean you have to stuff that turkey down our throats."

X. NBC's Cris Collinsworth after the Cowboys beat the 49ers said he thinks the Cowboys are all that stands between the Giants and another Super Bowl appearance: "Dallas as a wildcard coming out is so dangerous. They have the most talent. If they get in there against the Giants, I think they're the only ones who have a chance."

X (a) NBC's Al Michaels looking at a flock (?) of pre-Thanksgiving turkeys: "So the market goes down another 1,000 points, we'll still have a better week than those guys."

sbark

Reaction score
Collingsworth is right......last yr at this time...Giants were also already on the bubble......every game from midseason on was a "playoff game" much as it is for Dallas right now...

Get Healthy, Improve weekly, Peak in Dec (vrs annual fade)....go from there

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas looks to be getting hot, the defense has shown dominance and many injured players are back. Tony looks refreshed and happy which is great to see vs sitting on the sideline looking like he lost his best friend. I think Tony get's better when the splint comes off and he has plenty of targets. They are starting to look more like a team that could challenge the giants.
Looks good!

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2439901 said:
12:21 AM Mon, Nov 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

I. I love Fox. The network loses the BCS to ESPN last week and then it isn't one minute into its BCS segment on Sunday night's OT before Howie Long starts yakking that a playoff would be better for college football than the present system.

II. I'm thinking that his Aggie education is paying off for Martellus Bennett. His post-game line about not being able to see Terrell Owens' NFL Network interview because Bennett has Time Warner Cable was sheer genius. Any day now he should be signing an endorsement agreement with DirecTV and NFL Network. No doubt, he'll ask to do a commercial with DirecTV endorser and fellow Houstonian Beyonce. Not to mention that now NFL commissioner Roger Goodell kind of owes him one.

III. Speaking of Owens, as expected, he was a universal topic on the Sunday morning NFL studio shows before he caught 213 yards worth of passes against the the 49ers. I didn't watch Meet The Press, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Brokaw didn't ask Joseph Lieberman at least one question about T.O. between mundane questions about John MCCain and Barack Obama.

IV. Here was Fox's Long: "T.O.'s been in the league for the past 13 years. What do the last 13 Super Bowl champions have in common? No T.O."

V. Fox's Jimmy Johnson: "The only time we hear from T.O. is when he's playing bad so we're going to hear from him for a long time." Perhaps, but he didn't play so bad against the 49ers.

VI. ESPN's Cris Carter: "No receiver can lead a team to the Super Bowl."

VII. NFL Network's Warren Sapp: "When is T.O. going to be happy? He goes 13-3 with the Cowboys, goes to the Super Bowl with the Eagles, catches 20 balls (in a game) with San Francisco and it's never enough."

VIII. Johnson, who was known to make special accommodations for players he needed in his days with the Cowboys on Roger Goodell's decision to re-instate Pacman Jones: "Everybody needs a 13th chance."

IX. ESPN's Mike Ditka on the Lions' annually hosting a nationally televised Thanksgiving game: "We need to put two teams on every Thanksgiving who are competitive. We all stuff a turkey on Thanksgiving. That doesn't mean you have to stuff that turkey down our throats."

X. NBC's Cris Collinsworth after the Cowboys beat the 49ers said he thinks the Cowboys are all that stands between the Giants and another Super Bowl appearance: "Dallas as a wildcard coming out is so dangerous. They have the most talent. If they get in there against the Giants, I think they're the only ones who have a chance."

X (a) NBC's Al Michaels looking at a flock (?) of pre-Thanksgiving turkeys: "So the market goes down another 1,000 points, we'll still have a better week than those guys."

That's one of the lamest comments I've ever heard from him. You could say the same thing 75% of the players in the league

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HowAboutThemCowboys;2440211 said:
That's one of the lamest comments I've ever heard from him. You could say the same thing 75% of the players in the league

Probably more than that.

What does he say about the Dolphins and Dan Marino....just more media T.O. bashing....NEXT QUESTION!...Can FOX now be getting close to BSPN?