DMN Blog: Players keep Tuna Tradition

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tuna Tradition

Before today's practice, WR Terrell Owens was "flapping his wings" the way he used to in a Philly uniform. And it caused a small breakout of "flying" in the stretching lines.

It just a small piece of the Cowboys-Eagles rivalry. Here's another new one. Over the last few years, Bill Parcells developed a penchant for coming to players during Philly week and snapping to them, "Do you know who Swoop is?" After Tuna explained that it was the mascot that flies in on a string while the Rocky music is playing before games, he'd add this:

"Swoop is coming in here to kick your tail!"

And that has carried over. This morning, some vets were all over the rookies at practice for not knowing "Swoop."

"We say it to the young guys, 'Do you know who Swoop is?'" said special teams captain Keith Davis. "We have a little fun with them. We know Philly’s gonna be a tough task for us."

Posted by Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 4:07 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (14)

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
first of all i want a dallas win, but it would be cool if T.O would do an ''eagle flap'' but kinda of in a crippled way.. :lmao: maybe just flap one arm

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
kØwbØy;1735435 said:
first of all i want a dallas win, but it would be cool if T.O would do an ''eagle flap'' but kinda of in a crippled way.. :lmao: maybe just flap one arm

That would be classic, but best if we have a large lead.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
zeroburrito;1735434 said:
bill parcells ruined this team.
you cant be serious...

this is still tuna's team(players)

he did alot for the cowboys in getting the right players in except of course
vinny, drew and meshawn;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys#1;1735451 said:
you cant be serious...

this is still tuna's team(players)

he did alot for the cowboys in getting the right players in except of course
vinny, drew and meshawn;)

I disagree, VT and Bledsoe's 3 years here had a lot to do with Tony Romo's growing curve. Parcellls is a big player in having Vet players that can coach the younger players in ways coaches can't.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Nors;1735456 said:
I disagree, VT and Bledsoe's 3 years here had a lot to do with Tony Romo's growing curve. Parcellls is a big player in having Vet players that can coach the younger players in ways coaches can't.
maybe romo remembered VT and drew teaching him to throw Interceptions against buffalo.;) so i guess you're right