WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Practice has already started

9:14 PM Thu, Jul 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

The Cowboys' first official workout isn't until tomorrow afternoon (training camp schedule), but a handful of players have made their way to the fields for some voluntary work.

Tony Romo and Jason Witten were out there pitching and catching earlier. QBs Richard Bartel and Jeff Terrell, who signed today to give the Cowboys another arm in camp, are out there throwing to Patrick Crayton, Isaiah Stanback and Mark Bradford right now.

We won't begin live blogging until the practices are official, though.

Comments (4) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Practice has already started" is tagged: Isaiah Stanback , Jason Witten , Jeff Terrell , Mark Bradford , Patrick Crayton , Richard Bartel , Tony Romo

Categories: Training camp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Greg Ellis happy?
8:56 PM Thu, Jul 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Perpetually perturbed Pro Bowl OLB Greg Ellis just strolled by the media tent, which is located right by the Residence Inn where the team is staying. A certain smart-aleck superstar columnist asked whether Ellis was happy.

"If I'm happy, everything is going too smooth," Ellis said without breaking his stride. "We don't want that."

For the record, Ellis said it with a smile and was kidding ... I think.

Comments (3) Leave comment | E-mail entry

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2157144 said:
"If I'm happy, everything is going too smooth," Ellis said without breaking his stride. "We don't want that."

Don't worry. As soon as Spencer is given too much practice time during one of the sessions, we can count on Ellis to grumble.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I guess no one told Greg Ellis about the rumor that he and Henry are going to Detroit for WR Roy Williams. No one is ever happy being told to go to Detroit.

sago1

Reaction score
While do I frequently see written references to JJT as the superstar journalist or something like that? I don't see him as a superstar anything. Maybe he should focus on becoming a good reporter and leave the bragging to when he does something to deserve it. But then I find myself increasing annoyed with the snippy attitude of the local media towards the Cowboys; the national media bothers me to but they aren't important so long as the Cowboys end up stuffing it in their whatever. Yes, there will be time to criticize the Cowboys this season when it's necessary but now is the time to listen and learn--something too many of the local media don't believe is necessary and that they are too good already for that. But then I live in Tampa & we don't see that kind of stuff here, but then the Bucs have only won 1 SB. I guess it comes with the territory when you are the high profile Dallas Cowboys. I guess the phrase "embrace the hatred" is well earned.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2157396 said:
ok Ellis......don't start anything ;-)

But Ellis has already started. The coaching staff already had to set him down and put the pacifier back in his mouth. You know those pesky pacifiers are always popping back out. It's only a matter of time. Hey, maybe they should use DUCT TAPE.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ellis may whine during the off-season but when we hit the season the guy does his job and does not make negitive statements. I don't know if it is insecurity on his part I really don't care, I just expect him to do his job and thus far in his career he has.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
i just thought that was part of the off season for him to whine and complain. he better be careful though Spencer is there knocking on the door:D

visionary

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2157479 said:
.......he better be careful though Spencer is there knocking on the door:D

Knock, knock
Whose there?
Spencer
Spencer who?
Spen some time on the bench greg.

:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2157479 said:
i just thought that was part of the off season for him to whine and complain. he better be careful though Spencer is there knocking on the door:D

I hope Spencer does we need another pass rusher to throw into the mix. We had 2 guys in Ware and Ellis in double digits last year having another pass rusher would be a big help.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2157476 said:
Ellis may whine during the off-season but when we hit the season the guy does his job and does not make negitive statements. I don't know if it is insecurity on his part I really don't care, I just expect him to do his job and thus far in his career he has.

I agree. Every offseason when he cries and is a Sissy La La, he puts up a more monster season than the year before. I want to hear more crying from him because right now, I think his crying only puts him at a 9 sack season. Ellis... more tears!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2157493 said:
I agree. Every offseason when he cries and is a Sissy La La, he puts up a more monster season than the year before. I want to hear more crying from him because right now, I think his crying only puts him at a 9 sack season. Ellis... more tears!!!

Ellis will do his job, that I have no doubts about.