DMN Blog: RB Coach Skip Peete talks Choice and Barber

QT

Reaction score
I'm just saying that people that follow the Cowboys daily (like the people on this board who read/post regularly) shouldn't be surprised by Tashard Choice's recent play. The people who are surprised are the fans that don't really follow the Cowboys as much as us.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
A pair of 4th rounders in Barber and Choice.

Nice finds. Really makes you think about all the hoopla about 1st and 2nd round picks when you have a good scouting team.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
We are very fortunate to have had Choice still on the board when we picked because if he wasn't on our team, we would be in mess at RB right now. Once Felix Jones is back next year, between Barber and Choice, plus with Jones speed and big play threat, we will be set at RB. I'm happy to see, and hear, that the coaches are pleased with Choices blocking, too, that's something that you don't always get with rookies, so it's a big plus, IMO.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
l0ngsh0t;2502090 said:
Most draft gurus rated him with the best vision of the Rbs. Some had him beind Ray Rice, but it does say a lot.

TBH I think that what makes him special, is that he can see the cut back lanes all the way to back side of the line. Emmitt was great at that, and he didnt need great speed to dominate.
Some people on this board even did mock drafts with Choice going as early as the late first round.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys never seen injury like Barber's

Cowboys running backs coach Skip Peete said he has no idea if running back Marion Barber will be able to return to full strength this season. It's because the injury (a dislocated pinkie toe) is rare and something the Cowboys are dealing with for the first time.

"No one has heard of the injury," Peete said. "This is the first time they've ever heard of a pinkie toe."

The injury has limited his ability to cut and he's dealing with soreness. The calf soreness is no longer a problem.

Barber came out of the game Sunday and did not return after getting his foot caught in the turf and he was dealing with soreness.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 03:23 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)