DMN Blog: Roy Williams (both of them) will play this week

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roy Williams (both of them) will play this week

12:22 PM Wed, Oct 15, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

WR Roy Williams has had his nose in the playbook since getting off a plane this morning, although he did carve out a few minutes to chat with the media.

The plan is to throw the Texas-ex right into the fire Sunday in St. Louis. He said the Cowboys' passing game uses a number system similar to the one in Detroit, so he doesn't think the transition will be too difficult.

SS Roy Williams, who practiced last week for the first time since breaking his forearm against the Eagles, said he also expects to play against the Rams.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
wouldn't it be special if both of them scored a TD against the Rams.....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I just wonder if Brad's old arm can accommodate T.O. and RW this Sunday.

WG5516

Reaction score
This Sunday...... And Brad didn't look to bad in the preseason, he had a couple of long passes to Austin.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
WG5516;2342708 said:
This Sunday...... And Brad didn't look to bad in the preseason, he had a couple of long passes to Austin.

Brad can manage the game fine for us.

He just can't overcome Penalties and Bad plays like Romo can.

If its 3rd and long or a bad play we're just screwed.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Glad to hear that #38 is going to be getting back into the mix on Sunday. It will be nice to see him back.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
As a vet, I am almost positive that Brad Johnson is salivating at the chance to pass to both Owens and Williams.

I don't think he's ever had receivers this good on his offense. I have a feeling he will be ready and play well.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2342779 said:
As a vet, I am almost positive that Brad Johnson is salivating at the chance to pass to both Owens and Williams.

I don't think he's ever had receivers this good on his offense. I have a feeling he will be ready and play well.

I think he'll do just fine cause these two guys can run the types of routes that he'll excell at throwing.

Not to mention this will make it much easier to find Witten in a lot more one on one match ups.

links18

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2342779 said:

Randy Moss, albeit not for very long.....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CATCH17;2342721 said:
Brad can manage the game fine for us.

He just can't overcome Penalties and Bad plays like Romo can.

If its 3rd and long or a bad play we're just screwed.

But where he may help is he won't have many bad plays at all.

May not be exciting to watch but I bet the guy wins games for us.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
got this email alert from smoaky zoners, roy williams safety will play and brad johnson will start the game, there were some reports that tony would try to play or practice, smoaky says brad will start the game

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
smoaky is at valley ranch, he probably will give us some updates this afternoon about practice too, www.ktbb.com is website and 600 am is the radio station that will air the show on radio

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2342865 said:
we will see......personally, I would give ROMO this week off.

At least this week. I really don't see any reason for him to even try to play until the Giants game, at the earliest.