DMN Blog: The next Romo?

Angus

Reaction score
(See the clip at the link)

May 3, 2007
Maybe Moore can be the next Romo

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/

Other than a few highlights -- like the OT-forcing drive in the Sun Bowl shown above -- I've never seen undrafted free agent QB Matt Moore play. But ESPN's Ron Jaworski has, and he raved about Moore an awful lot during the late rounds of the draft.

Like Jaworski or not, you must admit the man knows his quarterbacks. Jaworski was so high on Moore that it makes me think the kid has a chance to follow the Tony Romo path -- spend a couple seasons as a third-stringer, move up to backup and maybe be ready to start four years from now.

It's a long shot for Moore to ever start a game for the Cowboys, but I like his chances to earn a clipboard-holding gig this season.

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 11:56 AM (

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
There will never be another ROMO... I am too posessive to think about that. I don't want to share, haha.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Wow, the next romo?

These people pretend, like there's never beena QB that was drafted low, or not at all, and sat for 3 to 4 years, and then start. ...... hmmm maybe there wasnt?

sago1

Reaction score
If Moore has the talent to be another Romo in 4 years, the Cowboys will trade him for a high first day pick. Romo will only be 30 in 4 years and too young to get rid of. It will be Moore's successor who ultimately replaces Romo. The Dallas Cowboys will turn into a QB-producing factory which produces franchise players at less then franchise prices.

maxsports

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys will turn into a QB-producing factory which produces franchise players at less then franchise prices.

Hmmm.... not with Jerry Jones as GM

Eddie

Reaction score
Nothing wrong in bringing in young, promising QB's to sit and learn for a few years. I wish we did this back when Troy was still playing.

Heck, send this Moore kid to NFL-E. It'll make watching more enjoyable. :)

carphalen5150

Reaction score
sago1;1486812 said:
If Moore has the talent to be another Romo in 4 years, the Cowboys will trade him for a high first day pick. Romo will only be 30 in 4 years and too young to get rid of. It will be Moore's successor who ultimately replaces Romo. The Dallas Cowboys will turn into a QB-producing factory which produces franchise players at less then franchise prices.
Easy...easy...let's see if Moore gets through TC without wetting his pants before we start dealing him for a first day pick.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
I think that every blog entry by MacMahon should say so in the thread title, so I know not to read it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
zrinkill;1486840 said:
Jeff Ireland may be a QB pickin machine ......

I like jeff ireland, but romo was paytons guy. He followed him through his whole college career.

Ironically enough it looks like payton is still finding offensive players in new orleans.

Seriously, how good will the new orleans offense be. I think they will be number 1 from the first week to the last.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The next Romo? Uh, let's see how Romo pans out first.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tim, Tim, Tim, Tim, Tim, Tim, Tim.

I could be out of my mind on Nyquil, barely awake, with a fever of 104 so that I am hallucinating, and I could still write a better blog.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Archer on the draft
VIDEO LINK HERE>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t-8D6arhvo

Todd Archer's column recaps the draft, including an item on how the Eagles did the Cowboys a first-round favor.

Posted by Pete Aldrich at 2:15 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (27)

Maybe Moore can be the next Romo

Other than a few highlights -- like the OT-forcing drive in the Sun Bowl shown above -- I've never seen undrafted free agent QB Matt Moore play. But ESPN's Ron Jaworski has, and he raved about Moore an awful lot during the late rounds of the draft.

Like Jaworski or not, you must admit the man knows his quarterbacks. Jaworski was so high on Moore that it makes me think the kid has a chance to follow the Tony Romo path -- spend a couple seasons as a third-stringer, move up to backup and maybe be ready to start four years from now.

It's a long shot for Moore to ever start a game for the Cowboys, but I like his chances to earn a clipboard-holding gig this season.

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 11:56 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (14)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;1487068 said:
I like jeff ireland, but romo was paytons guy. He followed him through his whole college career.

Ironically enough it looks like payton is still finding offensive players in new orleans.

Seriously, how good will the new orleans offense be. I think they will be number 1 from the first week to the last.

Payton may have brought Romo to Dallas' attention, but Romo is David Lee's guy

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I love Romo because he's our QB, but let's not act like his is a huge story.

Do a little research on Bart Starr or Johnny Unitas and how they started.

If Romo goes on to win a SB, his story will never equal that of Kurt Warner.

I'm thrilled with how Romo played last year, and I hope he plays better this year and proves he's the man, but let's not pretend like he's the only QB to ever make it without being drafted #1....it's just that your odds are much much better if you're drafted #1.