DMN: Blog: This one stings Witten

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
This one stings Witten

6:06 PM Mon, Jan 14, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer

As far as Jason Witten is concerned, you can take the All-Pro spot, the regular season wins, all the records he broke ... and he deal them right away to still be playing right now.

Witten was tearful leaving the field yesterday, and remain distraught leaving the locker room without speaking. Today, he explained his emotions.

"Being a prideful person, it’s an emotional game, you know how much work goes into that situation, and how much it takes to get back in there," Witten said. "It’s tough."

He classified the loss as the toughest one he's ever had to take, and was still looking for answers today.

"It's just not that easy -- let’s go win. I wish it was," Witten said. "I can’t answer that. I really think that this team understands the challenge and I think we understand we had a lot of momentum. They had some leaders on their team. They come on the road and they’ve been playing good on the road. But I think we understood the challenge we had and we were up for that. It wasn’t our best game."

Deep_South

Reaction score
Don't know who is responsible for our annual late season collapses, but it isn't Witten...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1905146 said:
We need more Wittens.

Barbers, Owens', Wares, Newmans, and Romos.

Yes even Romo, the guy that everyone is tossing under the bus. After re-watching the game it's almost impossible to blame him with all the drops and our O-line being gassed trying to pass protect a blitz happy team. (I guess that 10 minute drive took a lot out of those big fellas). The snaps from Gurode were throwing his timing off, our guys weren't getting seperation, and when they did - he either didn't have time to get his feet set and throw or they just plain dropped balls.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1905180 said:
Almost bought me an owens jersey at the pro shop today. Almost.:lmao2:

Dave I never knew you were a hater....:eek::D:D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1905164 said:
I'm not going overboard.:laugh2:

:lmao: It's true though Dave. If we had 26 Wittens and 27 TOs this team would undoubtedly be hosting GB next week.