U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
December 18, 2007
Warm, fuzzy moment for first-time Pro Bowlers
4:06 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Wade Phillips gathered his team after practice and announced the Cowboys' Pro Bowl selections. There was a whole bunch of hooting and hollering, especially for the guys making their first NFL-paid trips to Hawaii.

K Nick Folk got a bunch of congratulations, but it's not like the rookie had to wait long. Same goes for third-year RB Marion "The Barbarian" Barber. CB Terence Newman and FS Ken Hamlin are fifth-year guys, and Newman felt like this was a long time coming. It was sweet for Hamlin, too, since there was little interest in him after Seattle let him go.

But it was sweetest for RG Leonard "Bigg" Davis, a No. 2 overall pick who was labeled a bust by some folks after six seasons in Arizona. The loudest roar came when Phillips said Davis was headed to Hawaii.

"I think it helped our team," Phillips said. "We got our juices flowing again. They got excited about their teammates. I got a real feeling that we got back as a team, over losing a game. Just … boom! We're excited about our team, our players."

A bit overboard?
4:00 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Alright, I know the Cowboys have a good team and all. But 11 Pro Bowlers? I mean, Eleven? Check this out: No other team even has nine. Not the 14-0 Patriots. Not the 12-2, defending Super Bowl champs. Not the star-studded Chargers.

No one. And maybe that's, at least in part, due to the fact that the NFC squad's a bit easier to make than the AFC team. Or some kind of Cowboys bias. Here's the list:

1. Cowboys 11
2-t. Chargers 8
2-t. Patriots 8
4. Vikings 7
5-t. Colts 5
5-t. Seahawks 5
5-t. Steelers 5
8-t. Bears 4
8-t. Packers 4

Mora mouths off about Phillips
3:29 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Jim "Playoffs?!" Mora noted the Cowboys' whopping total of Pro Bowlers and came to an interesting conclusion.

"They better be the best team in the NFC," Mora said on NFL Network. "Otherwise, they ought to fire the coach, for crying out loud."

I'm sure Wade Phillips appreciates the support.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I think it helped our team," Phillips said. "We got our juices flowing again. They got excited about their teammates. I got a real feeling that we got back as a team, over losing a game. Just … boom!(INSERT PATENTED WADE PHILLIPS FIST PUMP HERE) We're excited about our team, our players."

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
I am so pleased for Folk and Barber. I think this is just the first of many apperances for these two. I just hope they also make their first appearance in another Bowl game to be played one week earlier.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1843110 said:
Jim "Playoffs?!" Mora noted the Cowboys' whopping total of Pro Bowlers and came to an interesting conclusion.

"They better be the best team in the NFC," Mora said on NFL Network. "Otherwise, they ought to fire the coach, for crying out loud."

Crazy Man Alert!

Crazy Man Alert!

Reaction score
Yeah I believe Dallas will roll over Carolina Saturday... Guys will be focused and playing extremely hard!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
So we have 6 first time pro bowlers, am I right?

Hamlin
Folk
TNew
Bigg
Folk
Barber

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Someone tell albert breer to get over himself. Just because his patriots only had 9.

pro bowls have nothing to do with winning and losing anyway.

i wouldnt care if we had 0 pro bowlers if we won the superbowl.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1843403 said:
So we have 6 first time pro bowlers, am I right?

Hamlin
Folk
TNew
Bigg
Folk
Barber

5, only one of the Folk twins made it!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
A bit overboard?
4:00 PM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Alright, I know the Cowboys have a good team and all. But 11 Pro Bowlers? I mean, Eleven? Check this out: No other team even has nine. Not the 14-0 Patriots. Not the 12-2, defending Super Bowl champs. Not the star-studded Chargers.

Get over it, Loser.

And maybe that's, at least in part, due to the fact that the NFC squad's a bit easier to make than the AFC team. Or some kind of Cowboys bias.

Breer, keep that up and you'll quickly earn yourself "MORON" status.