News: DMN: Bob Sturm's 2016 NFL draft profile series: What I see in Baylor's DT Andrew Billings

reddyuta

Reaction score
dont know why Bob is doing these write ups on guys who the cowboys will have little interest.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
dont know why Bob is doing these write ups on guys who the cowboys will have little interest.

Because these are players who absolutely dominate at their respective positions. And the Cowboys are not as rigid as you may think. Cowboys never drafted a first round OL under Jerry, and he goes and drafts 3. Marinelli is supposedly not a man coverage DC, but Cowboys played almost exclusively man in 2015. And Billings is more than just crazy powerful and surprisingly athletic, he is svelte enough (310) and twitchy enough to spark some man lust in Marnelli and the coaching staff.

And as good as Billings looked at NT, he looks just as destructive at OL. Combine his violent play, power, production, athleticism with his hustle/work ethic, you have the definition of RKG. Billings also is a truly someone who can defeat double teams, so should make Lawrence, Crawford(s) and Gregory even better. If this guy falls to the 2nd, Cowboys should be hurtling toward the podium for this pick.

visionary

Reaction score
I would absolutely be on board with drafting him but we need qb at the top and he likely will not make it to our rd 2 pick

The biggest issue with these big guys with talent is their love for the game and desire to keep working

If he has those, he certainly has the talent

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
He will be a top 20 pick... Special talent. I would love for him to be the 1 technique beside Crawford.