DMN Camp Blog: Mosley Practice Notes...more

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some half-speed practice notes...

The Cowboys held a light practice this afternoon and will have a short walk-through tomorrow morning. We may have about five minutes with Bill Parcells after that and then it's off to Seattle.

I'll be traveling for most of the day, but I'll try to call in a few updates. I'm counting on you guys to keep this thing humming while I'm in the air.

Any suggestions on where to eat in Seattle?

Here are a few practice observations:

• LB DeMarcus Ware has added several new moves to his arsenal. He went with the inside spin move Thursday afternoon, but then lost his balance.

• C Andre Gurode dominated DT Thomas "Pepper" Johnson in 1-on-1 blocking drills.

• Offensive line coach Tony Sparano raced over to give RT Rob Petitti a high-five after he delivered a punch that stopped Kenyon "Strong Dog" Coleman dead in his tracks.

• WR Terrance Copper made a diving catch along the sideline. Copper's been lost in the Sam Hurd Extravaganza, but don't give up on him yet.

• Nice to see centers Al Johnson and Andre Gurode celebrating together after Gurode had a good 1-on-1session.

• Punter Mat McBriar is destroying the ball right now. He forced Skyler Green to turn around and sprint backwards, but he never got there.

• Former TCU cornerback had two interceptions today.

• Drew Henson threw one pass in the afternoon practice. Matt Baker took more repetitions than any of the quarterbacks, but keep in mind that it was sort of a glorified walk-through. Baker appears to have a pretty live arm.

• Drew Bledsoe filmed a commercial for DirecTV after practice this evening.

Posted by Matt Mosley http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 7:48 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Not cooperating

Drew Bledsoe is in the midst of filming a national DirecTV commercial and the producers of the shoot just had to shoo away a large number of birds in the background. Also, the fans waiting for autographs by the player entrance are making too much noise and causing some delays.

Posted by Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 7:36 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (1)

Awkward Andre Gurode moment of the day.

After center Andre Gurode and I had a nice discussion about his future with the Cowboys, he wanted to show me some pictures someone had given him.
I promptly dropped the photos and then spilled an entire bottle of water on them while picking them up.

This is not usually the way I like to wrap up interviews.

Gurode simply shook his head and moved on.

Posted by Matt Mosley http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 6:51 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
We might get to see Ware use one of his new moves against Walter Jones in the weekends game. If only for one series.

I am eager to see Gurode play, wonder how much BP will let him go?

Byrdman1531

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
• Punter Mat McBriar is destroying the ball right now. He forced Skyler Green to turn around and sprint backwards, but he never got there.
Atleast ONE of our kickers is doing well.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
• WR Terrance Copper made a diving catch along the sideline. Copper's been lost in the Sam Hurd Extravaganza, but don't give up on him yet.

It sounds to me like Copper is doing a good job holding onto the ball, I don't understand why it's so imperative that we go out and get another Peerless Price to sit on the bench and mope for the first 6 games of the season.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
It sounds to me like Copper is doing a good job holding onto the ball, I don't understand why it's so imperative that we go out and get another Peerless Price to sit on the bench and mope for the first 6 games of the season.
Because this is the year we make the run.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
Byrdman1531 said:
Atleast ONE of our kickers is doing well.

I still don't understand why Parcell's won't let McBriar try to kick off.

It just seems like a "no-brainer" to me. He has a booming leg.

:confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
• Offensive line coach Tony Sparano raced over to give RT Rob Petitti a high-five after he delivered a punch that stopped Kenyon "Strong Dog" Coleman dead in his tracks.
Reminds me of Erik Williams and his little punch to the chest technique. Damn I miss the pre-car wreck Big E.

Pittdawg, this is one of the things I was telling you about to have Rob watch old Erik Williams tapes of how nasty he was. It works. Please tell him to keep it up.