News: DMN: 'DAK is the truth:' The moments when Cowboys rookie Prescott showed ultimate poise

reddyuta

Reaction score
he needs to get some first team reps before the giants game,we may need him.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Dak is very impressive so far but in no way is he better equipped to lead this team than Romo for this season. The first two games were vanilla, this game was more intense in blitzing and speed. SEA came out aggressive and were doing different things on defense that Dak hasn't seen at this level yet.

He carried himself well, missed on a few throws and some should have been caught but a few were under-thrown. That play to Bease was pretty but I am not sure if he catches it without the hold, seemed a bit high and too far led.

I like his poise but he did get happy feet at times which threw off his timing. This was a good test for him and he passed :) He does look like a natural leader out there and you can see it in the players eyes and actions.

However, I do not want to see him playing in the regular season unless absolutely necessary. If Romo goes down by mid-season and Dak leads them without barely missing a beat, then I might be concerned with Romo not getting his job back.

This is still Romo's team as long as his body holds out........

Why would you be concerned? If Romo can't make it through the season and Prescott delivers in his abcense than the guard will have officially changed and you should be thankful someone competent took over.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Listening in to Pat Kirwin this week on NFL radio, he said to truly test Dak in preseason he would need to be thrown in to the game earlier than expected with no warning. It seems to me he passed this test like a seasoned pro, can't emphasize how impressed I am with him.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Since you are having premonitions, why don't you give us some week one scores? Trying to get rich.
Game #1 Giants 27- Cowboys 24 Defense loses game
Game #2 Washington 24 - Cowboys 21 Defense loses game
Game #3 Cowboys 34 - Bears 17 Defense wins game
Game #4 Cowboys 41 - SF 14 Defense Wins game

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Game #1 Giants 27- Cowboys 24 Defense loses game
Game #2 Washington 24 - Cowboys 21 Defense loses game
Game #3 Cowboys 34 - Bears 17 Defense wins game
Game #4 Cowboys 41 - SF 14 Defense Wins game
That would be awful. That's the worst case 2-2 start.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Many QBs have good poise but it certainly doesn't keep them from getting injured if too many hits come their way. Tray Aikman had all the poise a QB could ask for, as well as mobility when he was young but look what happened to him in the long run. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea that Dak has poise and the mobility to avoid hits but our susceptibility to outside pressure must be resolved before it's too late. Hopefully, it will be.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Not to start a separate thread but I thought Dak solidified the Backup QB spot he already had and Showers earned his spot on the 53. Showers was playing entirely with guys who will be on the street in a week and still put up a passer rating within a point of Dak. I still see Showers as a marginal starter/good backup like a Tony Banks, but IMO he is clearly too talented to put on waivers for the PS. I think you definitely lose him if you try.

That is exactly what I thought about Showers.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Mel Kiper's draft rating on Dak.

"ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. listed Prescott as a second-round pick during his teleconference on Monday. The draft guru listed Prescott as the sixth-best quarterback in the draft. Kiper grouped Prescott with Michigan State's Connor Cook and Penn State's Christian Hackenberg as quarterbacks in the second-tier. Kiper projects California's Jared Goff and North Dakota State's Carson Wentz as definite first-round talent and Memphis' Paxton Lynch as a possible late first-round pick.

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller likes Prescott as much as anyone. He believes Prescott projects better as a pro than Cook."
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...22/dak-prescotts-draft-stock-rising/80770732/
Thank god we didn't draft Connor Cook and Christian Hackenberg. .those guys are complete and utter trash.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Dak's performance last night proved more to me than the previous 2 games. With starters in for both teams, he remained poised, accurate for the most part and moved the ball. Seattle was bringing some serious pass rush, so that dictated some of the shorter throws. He has shown that if given time, he's able to find targets downfield. He stood in there and delivered the ball under plenty of duress.

You can't really count the 3rd quarter. Seattle still had their starters in and had guys running free on blitzes, while Dallas had no blocking or skill at WR.

Obviously Dez and more Zeke in the 1st half changes things quite a bit.
Not only that but Seattle did a heck of a job covering all our receivers. Without Dez, Dak had little open like he did in the other games. I'm even more impressed with him now that before the Seattle game. Again, Romo would have the same issue IMHO with Seattle last night.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
After the game, Dak loaded the team equipment, washed the team uniforms, and for good measure piloted the team charter home to Dallas.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Listening in to Pat Kirwin this week on NFL radio, he said to truly test Dak in preseason he would need to be thrown in to the game earlier than expected with no warning. It seems to me he passed this test like a seasoned pro, can't emphasize how impressed I am with him.

Not to mention that was a regular season type environment playing against one of the league's top defenses.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I know his yards per attempt were not high but if Terrance attacks the ball, Devin Street comes to the ball and add about 25 for the pass int vs Beasley his average would have been sky high. I thought Dak looked good but I think he has a tendancy to throw off his back foot a bit. He will need to work on that. It looked to me that he executed the game plan well, checked down when pressure came and took deep shots at the right time. He also got rid of the ball well.

It really was an impressive performance and the D was not Vanilla.

reddyuta

Reaction score
You know what elese is Yugeee? Jerry doesn't have to spend another draft pick on a QB.that is so incredible, we can use all those picks and Defense to help out Dak.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Not to start a separate thread but I thought Dak solidified the Backup QB spot he already had and Showers earned his spot on the 53. Showers was playing entirely with guys who will be on the street in a week and still put up a passer rating within a point of Dak. I still see Showers as a marginal starter/good backup like a Tony Banks, but IMO he is clearly too talented to put on waivers for the PS. I think you definitely lose him if you try.

Showers looks more like marginal backup/good 3rd stringer to me. I'd like to see him play with the starters, the backup offensive line about gets him killed so he might be a good bit better than I'm giving him credit for!

Kaiser

Reaction score
Showers looks more like marginal backup/good 3rd stringer to me. I'd like to see him play with the starters, the backup offensive line about gets him killed so he might be a good bit better than I'm giving him credit for!

I think Showers is better than that but even if he develops into a competent backup, that is still a better player than a third of the NFL teams have. If we carry a guy we got as a UDFA this year and he is a capable backup for the next 3 or 4 seasons, that is still a win.