News: DMN: Former NFL scout: Tony Romo made Dez Bryant a $70 million man

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Seems to me that if Dez can't get open on his own without having Romo available to set him up, then he is probably being overpaid. Who's to say if Dak will ever find a way to facilitate bringing Dez's success back to its former state of glory? Isn't it also entirely possible that Dez's foot and leg injuries have compromised his ability to get open? Maybe Dak's increased development and additional time will tell us more . . . I hope so.
Becaues of Dez physicality......in "NFL terms"......he is open every play. It's just a matter of if the QB feels comfortable throwing it to him when he appears covered.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Becaues of Dez physicality......in "NFL terms"......he is open every play. It's just a matter of if the QB feels comfortable throwing it to him when he appears covered.

If he was "open on every play" in NFL terms or not, he's have a better percentage of catches as opposed to passes being attempted and missed. Is he still valuable, nevertheless? Yes, he's capable of making some dynamic plays upon the occasions when they're caught, although more frequency would surely help to justify his considerable salary.

Last edited:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Tony made a lot of people, including himself, rich.
The only ones left out were the fans.
2 career playoff wins.
Phfffffttt!
It's never enough. He could cure cancer....as the saying goes...and some would say...What took you so long...and what about herpes. You're not elite enough.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
So Broaddus and Chris Carter agree on Dezs route running issues and difficulty getting separation

I neither hate or like Dez. I'm indifferent but as long as he makes the Cowboys better, I'm all for it
Go Cowboys

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: