DMN/FWST Blog: Injury Report...Witten, Henry, Newman

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Witten isn't at practice

1:19 PM Wed, Oct 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

TE Jason Witten wants to play Sunday despite a broken rib, but he isn't out there at the beginning of the Cowboys' first practice this week.

CB Anthony Henry (deep thigh bruise) is on the field and wearing pads. We'll find out later how much he participates in the practice.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (0) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Newman says he's back for Washington

Pro Bowl cornerback Terence Newman, who had sports hernia surgery Oct. 10, is moving well and believes he will definitely be back for the Washington game on Nov. 16.

"It's going to happen," Newman said.

Newman said he still hasn't starting running yet. In the locker room Wednesday, he was showing off how far he has come by stretching backward and pulling his leg up. He has missed five games this season.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 01:14 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Newman always says he's going to be back, then doesn't play.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I hope Henry can play some as there will be times we need three CBs on the field. I just hope he doesn't play at such a reduced pace he hurts us. I'd rather see Ball back there in that case

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
theogt;2383195 said:
Newman always says he's going to be back, then doesn't play.

http://i295.***BLOCKED***/albums/mm123/samstheman513/jerry-seinfeld-30-rock.jpg

NEWMAN!

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2383199 said:
Newman is overpaid and overrated

Overpaid maybe, considering hes on the wrong side of 30 and 'injury prone', the man never missed a game until last season. Newman has been one of the only bright spots on this defense in the past 5 years outside of Ware, I'm having a hard time saying hes overrated.

I've seen him erase some of the best receivers off the field, ask Steve Smith.

When hes healthy hes top 5 in the game. He got paid that way, he deserved it, now get off his sack.

juck

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2383201 said:
Newman will be back for Washington. I have no doubt.

Just in time for Santana moss to smoke him again.I hope im full of it.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
juckie;2383217 said:
Just in time for Santana moss to smoke him again.I hope im full of it.

It was a double move, he bit - so what, tough play to make when your groin feels like its being torn apart. Would rather have a corner trying to jump a route and make a play, than sit back and get gashed for 8 every first down.

And you are full of it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2383223 said:
It was a double move, he bit - so what, tough play to make when your groin feels like its being torn apart. Would rather have a corner trying to jump a route and make a play, than sit back and get gashed for 8 every first down.

And you are full of it.
it wasn't just 1 play. they went after him the whole game.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Rampage;2383228 said:

Because he was playing at 60%. Gutting it out trying to play, like he does every week before the coaches keep him out. Newman has played around 80+ games for us, and I don't believe that you can name a single one where teams 'went after him.' Only when hes hurt, not when hes healthy - thats why he got paiddddd.

khiladi

Reaction score
The real question:

Is Spencer going to be healthy? There is no guy I am more excited to see out there on defense than him...

And there is no guy I am more excited not to see out there than Anthony Henry... His days are numbered as a corner.... The sooner he is not starting, the better....

alby

Reaction score
The Washington game is going to be like the opening game of the year! So much excitement =]

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rampage;2383228 said:

Moss caught only one pass against him, and every other catch he allowed was thrown less than 5 yards downfield.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2383341 said:
Moss caught only one pass against him, and every other catch he allowed was thrown less than 5 yards downfield.
including a td he gave up

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jobberone;2383198 said:
I hope Henry can play some as there will be times we need three CBs on the field. I just hope he doesn't play at such a reduced pace he hurts us. I'd rather see Ball back there in that case

I'd rather see Ball in any case.