DMN/FWST/CBS11: Training Camp Photos - 08/06/09

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This may be a dumb question, but what's the purpose of the orange caps on the helmets?

Four

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2871256 said:
This may be a dumb question, but what's the purpose of the orange caps on the helmets?

I think for some of the DB drills, or I am completely wrong and made that up.

Mike_45

Reaction score
Dat Nguyen looks pretty small now that he does not play anymore. Glad he is still on the coaching staff though.

kmd24

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2871256 said:

For some defensive drills, some of the defensive players simulate wide receivers, and the caps are used to distinguish them since they all wear the same (dark) jerseys.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, at least at other camps I've been to, they'll have a WR wear the orange caps and the TEs wear yellow ones since those are important keys for the defense. It's a teaching tool for when they're installing defenses.

I almost had a scary flashback on #1 of the FWST set, though. Number 31 looks a little like Pacman in that pic.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
I'd have wet myself seeing LD coming at me like that if I were Jason Williams.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
They use the orange caps for special teams practice. Since there are both offensive players, (white jerseys), and defensive players, (blue jerseys), playing on both sides, one side will wear the caps so that they can be differenciated from the other, during the drills.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
http://img339.*************/img339/7066/davis.png

Williams: "Don't crap my pants. Don't crap my pants. Don't...ah...crap."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2871578 said:
http://img339.*************/img339/7066/davis.png

Williams: "Don't crap my pants. Don't crap my pants. Don't...ah...crap."
:laugh2:

Leonard Davis is like every offensive lineman Jason Williams ever saw at the college level, but rolled into one. :)