DMN: Injury report: Tank Johnson misses practice

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
October 1, 2008

Injury report: Tank Johnson misses practice

4:51 PM Wed, Oct 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis

Defensive tackle Tank Johnson is still bothered by an ankle injury and did not practice Wednesday. He played against Washington but came out of the game with more pain than he had hoped.

"Tank Johnson - Terry Johnson - didn't participate in practice although he watched and did all his rehab stuff, which some of that is more strenuous as far as his ankle is concerned," coach Wade Phillips said. "I think it's a lot like last week, except it's better. He played last week, and he'll probably practice tomorrow."

The Cowboys are also being cautious with safety Patrick Watkins (shoulder, neck stinger), and it appears doubtful that he'll play this week. Stephen Bowen (hamstring) was limited. Fullback Deon Anderson (knee) was back out there, though. He had to keep from going too hard, lest his injury give him more problems.

"Just a little anxious, but I was told not to go all out," Anderson said before practice. "They don't want me having any setbacks. I'm going to try to tone it down about 3 percent. That should keep me alright. So 97 percent is alright for today."

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Tank = Casper the friendly Ghost 100% or 10% he don't show up any way he might as well be on roller skates.

Who is getting reps at starting LG i hope its not Proctor :chainsaw:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2302670 said:
Tank = Casper the friendly Ghost 100% or 10% he don't show up any way he might as well be on roller skates.

Who is getting reps at starting LG i hope its not Proctor :chainsaw:

I met Holland on Sunday when he was leaving the hotel for the game. The guy is huge but apparently our wonderful coaching staff see's more in Proctor than Holland. we'll see what happens.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2302683 said:
I met Holland on Sunday when he was leaving the hotel for the game. The guy is huge but apparently our wonderful coaching staff see's more in Proctor than Holland. we'll see what happens.

Proctor is like the Barbie Carp of our O Line.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up the injury report of the last couple of weeks. What happened with Greg Ellis? I saw him go out during the game, I don't recall seeing him on the report after the game?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2302698 said:
I haven't been keeping up the injury report of the last couple of weeks. What happened with Greg Ellis? I saw him go out during the game, I don't recall seeing him on the report after the game?
he came back in the game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
khiladi;2302920 said:
Tank has been missing all season...

correcto.

So I did not "get" his yakking about the Skins not kicking his defense's butt.
I think it did half the time. The other half the skins kept giving the Cowboys a chance but Wade seemed incapable of seeing the chances given. And acting on them.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Rampage;2302683 said:

Someone once told me "size isn't everything." I had to agree. ;)