WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo over ARod

11:38 AM Thu, Sep 18, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Just popped in on the NBC Sunday Night Football conference call and asked John Madden and Cris Collinsworth who they would rather have qb their team?

Both picked Tony Romo.

"I've seen Tony Romo more," Madden said. "I know more about him. I'd choose him."

Said Collinsworth: "I'd say the same thing, too."

Of course, when I asked the question they both knew I was from Dallas.

That prompted Al Michaels to jump in and say they were just trying to be politically correct. If I was from Green Bay, Michaels jokingly alleged, they would have said Rodgers.

Madden and Collinsworth also agreed the Cowboys Jason Witten is the best tight end in football.

Also, Madden opined that Jay Ratliff is the best of the Cowboys defensive linemen.

Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

Iago33

Reaction score
I'd choose just about any NFL quarterback over a baseball player to quarterback my team....

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Iago33;2269107 said:
I'd choose just about any NFL quarterback over a baseball player to quarterback my team....

lol, i was thinking that too. Aaron Rodgers is not ARod.

ddh33

Reaction score
I think Ratliff is the best defensive lineman on the team too...by quite a bit.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do I understand correctly that they were asking if they'd take Romo over Rodgers as if this were a legitimate question?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo is dreamier than Rodgers.

Plus you know madden would not pick Rodgers because his heart hurts every time he sees someone under center for the packers not named....Brett Favre.

lkelly

Reaction score
Idgit;2269151 said:
Do I understand correctly that they were asking if they'd take Romo over Rodgers as if this were a legitimate question?

Asking Madden a legitimate qeustion and expecting a legitimate response became impossible around 1992. Everything with him is a cartoon.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I can hear Al now. Felix Jones!!!!!! Touchdown!!!!!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
dmq;2269170 said:
I can hear Al now. Felix Jones!!!!!! Touchdown!!!!!

In most cases, I like Al; however, during the 1990s, I absolutely hated when he would say, "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrick-y Waters.":D

WG5516

Reaction score
You remembering that prooves that it really did get on your nerves.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2269154 said:
Plus you know madden would not pick Rodgers because his heart hurts every time he sees someone under center for the packers not named....Brett Favre.

:laugh2:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2269154 said:

Well, Madden also has a special love for the Cowboys, and is always fascinated by the Cowboys qb. He used to gush over Aikman, and even praised Quincy Carter at times.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
lkelly;2269165 said:
Asking Madden a legitimate qeustion and expecting a legitimate response became impossible around 1992. Everything with him is a cartoon.

I think that started in 1982. My wife theorizes that Madden actually lives in a casket in that Madden Cruiser of his. On gameday, they simply pull him out, dress him up, and put him on a seat in the broadcast booth. Once the game is finished, he goes back to the casket.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2269154 said:

you got that right!!:bow:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Chris Collinsworth is a huge Tony Romo fan, I believe his opinion was truthful.

Of course, we all know John Madden really would take Brett Favre :D .

Booom!!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2269154 said:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2269154 said:

and well Madden has said a number of times that Romo reminds him of Favre so...