News: DMN: Report: Tony Romo expected to play for Cowboys vs. Miami on Friday

Dodger12

Reaction score
Okay but could you give him a series of "vet days" the following week? I don't want to over work him.

No fear. It'll be hand offs and dump offs so he won't over exert himself. Maybe a QB controversy in the makings?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I am guessing one to two series for Romo. Last year in week two he did one series, two handoffs and a bubble screen to Beasley. I wouldn't expect much more than that.

This week is going to be a real test, as Miami's D line is legit, even into the second stringers. It will be interesting to see Dak under a lot of pressure. With Green starting again most likely, Dak will face a lot of backside pressure. I do think he will get some of the starters for at least his first series or two so he will have the security blanket of Dez, Witten, etc. We very well could see a few scrambles out of Dak and people will see the dual threat.

Miami's OL is still a work in progress, so the DL might be able to hang in with them. Hoping Mayowa gets a little time, I want to see him in action. He does look fast from clips I have seen but hopefully he has more than just a speed rush.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I predict both have down weeks; Romo will be rusty and Dak will see how the other half lives.

No biggie in the grand scheme, but it might reignite the debate over whether or not a veteran back up quarterback should be signed.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Foro people clamoring for Tony to get more work....it's like this is their first preseason.

ragman

Reaction score
I am guessing one to two series for Romo. Last year in week two he did one series, two handoffs and a bubble screen to Beasley. I wouldn't expect much more than that.

This week is going to be a real test, as Miami's D line is legit, even into the second stringers. It will be interesting to see Dak under a lot of pressure. With Green starting again most likely, Dak will face a lot of backside pressure. I do think he will get some of the starters for at least his first series or two so he will have the security blanket of Dez, Witten, etc. We very well could see a few scrambles out of Dak and people will see the dual threat.

Miami's OL is still a work in progress, so the DL might be able to hang in with them. Hoping Mayowa gets a little time, I want to see him in action. He does look fast from clips I have seen but hopefully he has more than just a speed rush.

This. I understand he needs to get some rust off, but I'm scared about this.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I predict both have down weeks; Romo will be rusty and Dak will see how the other half lives.

No biggie in the grand scheme, but it might reignite the debate over whether or not a veteran back up quarterback should be signed.

And this goes to show you how much I know.