DMN: Teams Just 7-14 Last 2 Years After Playing Steelers

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Tough times after playing the Steelers
9:28 AM Tue, Oct 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

If you haven't checked out Mike Lombardi's blog over at the National Football Post, you should. The former NFL executuve has a theory when it comes to playing Pittsburgh: you're not the same team the next week.

The Steelers have been and are one of the most physical teams in the NFL. You may beat them, but you pay a price physically and it costs you in the following game. The Giants beat the Steelers last week in what was a typical, hard-fought, big-hitting game.

This week the Giants play the Cowboys.

So if you're looking for any bit of good news as a Cowboys' fan, you can look at Lombardi's theory as a sign of hope with Tony Romo, Terence Newman, Felix Jones, Anthony Spencer and maybe Jason Witten and Anthony Henry not playing Sunday.

Over the last two years, teams are just 7-14 in games after they play the Steelers, including a 1-5 record this year.

Reaction score
ajk23az;2380249 said:

If you haven't checked out Mike Lombardi's blog over at the National Football Post, you should. The former NFL executuve has a theory when it comes to playing Pittsburgh: you're not the same team the next week.

The Steelers have been and are one of the most physical teams in the NFL. You may beat them, but you pay a price physically and it costs you in the following game. The Giants beat the Steelers last week in what was a typical, hard-fought, big-hitting game.

So if you're looking for any bit of good news as a Cowboys' fan, you can look at Lombardi's theory as a sign of hope with Tony Romo, Terence Newman, Felix Jones, Anthony Spencer and maybe Jason Witten and Anthony Henry not playing Sunday.

Over the last two years, teams are just 7-14 in games after they play the Steelers, including a 1-5 record this year.

So Felix and Spencr are for sure out again this week?

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
The giants will be ready for us, if it were the bengals i could see a letdown, but not with us.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno;2380259 said:
So Felix and Spencr are for sure out again this week?

I know Felix is. IDK about Spencer.

Felix, Kosier, TNew, Romo all should be back after the bye.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;2380249 said:

And I thought I was grasping at straws with my please play Romo thread.:lmao2:

I wonder what the game after record of those 21 opponents would've been if they all were playing that next game at home against Brad Johnson.
20-1, maybe 19-2!

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I really dont think that record will affect us...we stilll have too many injuries to look at any stat as an advantage.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ajk23az;2380269 said:
Yeah, I was hoping Spencer might be back, too. Wade said yesterday that Felix was definitely not playing, but he didn't mention Spencer.

I was really hoping to see this on Sunday:

spencerwaregiants.jpg

Reaction score
ajk23az;2380249 said:

Interesting!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Take this stat, tear it up and throw it away. They're playing us. They could all be limping and they still bring the wood. They hates us as do we.

Funny tho - I really didn't notice the hatred at such a high level 'til Jacobs showed his disgusting puss...........I think I hate him more that all the Gints put together. He's my lastest "Merton Hanks".

trentmonster

Reaction score
Lol, what was their record the week BEFORE they played the stealers? 7-14? 6-15?? They play in the AFC Industrial for crying out loud.

The chances are pretty good that any of their umm, division foes lost the week after they played the stealers (and the week after that...and the week after that...).

sweetness0986

Reaction score
ajk23az;2380269 said:

Felix, Kosier, TNew, Romo all should be back after the bye.
I have never been more excited for a bye week in my life.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
ajk23az;2380249 said:

That's interesting but how about this one. 4 current head coaches in the NFL were born the same year I was!

Jeff Fisher
Marvin Lewis
Andy Reid
Lovie Smith

Just sayin 'zall :D

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
THUMPER;2380718 said:
That's interesting but how about this one. 4 current head coaches in the NFL were born the same year I was!

Jeff Fisher
Marvin Lewis
Andy Reid
Lovie Smith

Just sayin 'zall :D

And this year was?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I have to think this stat will be playing heavily in the minds of the Giants all game long!

newlander

Reaction score
Pitt is physical but....so are the gspots. I saw more Pitt players go off the field than guys in blue.........

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Not sure what this means for us as we are even more beat up I think. But it's an interesting stat considering Pittsburg is a very physical team. But without the records of the other teams prior and afterwards it's an isolated stat.

Chinfu

Reaction score
Well if their is any truth in this we can expect the favor to be returned when we play the Giants in December after playing, you guessed it, the Steelers the week before.