News: DMN: The matchup that would be best for Cowboys in divisional round; picking Sunday's game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
well this guy also said the lions will win the game lol
So hard to buy into whatever else he says

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I've never seen so much time, energy, and thought given to such an unimportant issue as worrying about how sharp the freakin' backup QB will be. Who cares? Unless there's been an injury, do you think the other playoff teams' backup QBs have had or will get any game time to prepare for the playoffs? No!

Reactions: BAZ

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
This is the Stupidest thing I've read today! Who do i contact to get those few minutes of my life back:mad:

ringmaster

Reaction score
Matt Mosley, contributor to SportsDayDFW.com and columnist for Texas Monthly, answered your questions in a chat Friday. Here are some highlights.
Did the odds just increase that we might see Tony Romo get some playing time on Sunday? Do you think we should?

Matt Mosley: I don't think he'll see any mop-up time, if that's what you're asking. And I don't think he'll get the start or even play in a meaningless Week 17 game. He'll be ready to roll if Dak gets hurt in a playoff game. Otherwise, you don't want to expose him to injury. Not that much to gain just to knock off some rust. And I promise you Jerry's also thinking about his trade value. It will all but vanish if Romo's injured in a meaningless game.

Which team among the remaining NFC wild-card hopefuls do you think would be the most advantageous matchup for the Cowboys?

Matt Mosley: That's really a tough one. I might say the Lions, but it's weird to possibly have to play them twice. It's like they get to scout you a couple weeks before possibly playing you again. I'll go with the Bucs for now. Dak has a great feeling against that defense, obviously. Cowboys should've been able to pull away in that game. Jameis will throw you the ball. I know the Cowboys dominated Green Bay, but I wouldn't want to see the Pack in a divisional game. Rodgers has it going again.

Got a prediction for Sunday's Cowboys-Lions game?

Matt Mosley: Things have sort of changed since the Cowboys clinched home-field throughout the playoffs. It's not the same buildup at all for this matchup. The Lions have a lot more to play for because of their division being up in the air. Give me Detroit to win this thing, 27-23.

NFC East title is in hand. Think the Cowboys ease back a little on some player's workloads?

Matt Mosley: I think Jason is working through this as we speak, If you have a guy like Lawrence who could benefit from a little rest, you don't put him out there vs the Lions or Eagles. I'd rest Sean Lee in that last game for sure. I wouldn't be trying to bring injured players like Claiborne back in this environment. I'd turn Gregory loose and see what he has. I'd give Irving a bigger load to see how he handles things. I'd rest a lot of guys in that final game. You can start some of them, but I'd have the starters on the bench pretty quickly. Maybe treat it like a second preseason game or something.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL CHAT

Continue reading...
Why is Mosley assuming the game is tomorrow when the game is Monday night.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We've seen Tony enough over the years to know reps are important to him
If you look at early season games when he didn't play much pre season you see he needs reps

I agree wholeheartedly. He needs some reps. People talk about Romo getting hurt and messing up his trade value. What if Dak gets hurt in a close game and Tony comes in late in the third needing to work some magic. We don't have the luxury of a few series to knock the rust off. He can have his mechanics but there is zero way to simulate game speed in practice esp if its postseason game speed.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I've never seen so much time, energy, and thought given to such an unimportant issue as worrying about how sharp the freakin' backup QB will be. Who cares? Unless there's been an injury, do you think the other playoff teams' backup QBs have had or will get any game time to prepare for the playoffs? No!

They might not have the luxury of not having to win the next two games. It's a perfect time to get Romo some reps. Hey, if he's sharp you can play Sanchez the next game. The time is now.

And besides we don't have anything to do during the week but talk football. It's what the forum is for. Tune to another channel if you don't like the programming is all I can say; and not in a mean way. Just sayin'.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Otherwise, you don't want to expose him to injury. Not that much to gain just to knock off some rust. And I promise you Jerry's also thinking about his trade value. It will all but vanish if Romo's injured in a meaningless game...

If Jones holds him out fearing that, he is a poor salesman.

A good snake oil salesman puts the goods on display.

His trade value is minimal if all a team has is something he did back in 2014.