Do our coaches teach...

jamesdojr

Reaction score
the players how to strip the ball. I've watched every cowboys game twice now as well as about 10 other games on NFL Network replay. Every team seems to consistently try to rip the ball out of players' hands - especially when they are going down to the ground.

Watching our games - it doesn't even seem like our players even think to strip the ball.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
jamesdojr;2300835 said:
the players how to strip the ball. I've watched every cowboys game twice now as well as about 10 other games on NFL Network replay. Every team seems to consistently try to rip the ball out of players' hands - especially when they are going down to the ground.

Watching our games - it doesn't even seem like our players even think to strip the ball.

I think in this regard we are very aggressive at trying to strip and make plays that way and it is actually hindering our tackling a little. What I think the coaches need to do is let our secondary be more aggressive and challenge Wr's more often before the ball is thrown and also jump some more routes. We get great pressure and force the QB to throw before they want to but we don't compliment what our front 7 accomplishes with our secondary. I think the coaches need to teach and implement more of this. Fumbles are coming but we need INT's right now. We have none.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't see us stripping the ball much at all. Our DL/OLBs do a good job of striking out for the ball but I don't see the rest of the club doing it as actively as I'd like or I see other teams do it.

We certainly don't create turnovers unless you count Romo's INTs or our fumbles. They're going to have to do things the hard way if they don't start getting into the black with the turnovers.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I don't remember the full specifics of the play, but there was a play where instead of wrapping Campbell up, Ware tried to knock the ball out of his hands with his right hand. Campbell shook Ware off and completed a big pass down field. I would have much preferred Ware wrap up on that particular play.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
PacMan is the one player I see consistently attempting to make a play on the ball.