Do the Cowboys even know how much cap space they actually have?

Jayinem

Reaction score
I get that maybe they're just not going to pay Dak, but shouldn't they pay CeeDee? It was kind of obvious to me we weren't signing any big price players (well besides the fact that we haven't since Deion Sanders) when they haven't even made decisions on their own players.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing needs to be done at this point. They will clear money as they need to for any of their own players or other FA”s.

That is my only guess. As the less cap space they have, it does not give anyone any leverage on how much they have.

Maybe Jerry sets a new approach how to handle FA without over spending, even on your own players. :laugh:
You know, no money burning a hole in your pocket, so protect your own wallet. :muttley:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Nothing needs to be done at this point. They will clear money as they need to for any of their own players or other FA”s.

That is my only guess. As the less cap space they have, it does not give anyone any leverage on how much they have.

Maybe Jerry sets a new approach how to handle FA without over spending, even on your own players. :laugh:
You know, no money burning a hole in your pocket, so protect your own wallet. :muttley:
it is as if you've paid attention over the years! Stephen regularly says "we don't like to sit around with open cap space." They can make a ton of restructures that they can initiate automatically as they are written into all of the contracts as options.

Jayinem

Reaction score
it is as if you've paid attention over the years! Stephen regularly says "we don't like to sit around with open cap space." They can make a ton of restructures that they can initiate automatically as they are written into all of the contracts as options.
And they wait until after free agency to avoid criticism.

I've even seen people on this board say "we only have 2.2 million in cap space how can we sign anybody?"

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I get that maybe they're just not going to pay Dak, but shouldn't they pay CeeDee? It was kind of obvious to me we weren't signing any big price players (well besides the fact that we haven't since Deion Sanders) when they haven't even made decisions on their own players.
They're waiting to every free agent has a team

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Hey so let's just trade CEEDEE! Jefferson turned down 30 million is CEEDEE going to do the same