Do the Cowboys purposely draft players in the Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas region?

Mark

Reaction score
The team has definitely demonstrated some regional draft bias under the Jones administration. Which is constraining.

As a Syracuse guy (and lifelong Cowboys fan), one of my greatest thrills was watching one of our own become a legend at FB a while back.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I mean, because if the Dallas day stuff where they can bring in players from the area to scout, ther probably have a lot more knowledge of those guys.

BigD5

Reaction score
Nick Saban created the greatest dynasty in college football history. Has more 1st round picks drafted in his 28 seasons as a head coach than the university of Oklahoma’s 120+ year history. And the jonesboys drafted ONE, only ONE, player from Nick sabans Alabama teams. It’s absolutely insane to me

Cmac

Reaction score
I’ve thought this as well. It’s like our scouts don’t like to go far! Lol
I've been mentioning similar in the past........it's like the travel and per diem is limited. Michigan and Boise State come to mind. Small schools, HBCUs, weeds, and woods have no chance. Larry Allen and Erik Williams came from small schools.

mardwin

Reaction score
I don't trust west coast players. They're typically soft and overrated. (Not all, but many are.)

I would draft all SEC and Ohio State guys for the most part.
SEC guys normally underperform coming out of college. Big Ten always produce all pro caliber players.

mardwin

Reaction score
Nick Saban created the greatest dynasty in college football history. Has more 1st round picks drafted in his 28 seasons as a head coach than the university of Oklahoma’s 120+ year history. And the jonesboys drafted ONE, only ONE, player from Nick sabans Alabama teams. It’s absolutely insane to me
Saban has delivered a lot of underperforming 1st rounders

Qcard

Reaction score
I’ve thought this as well. It’s like our scouts don’t like to go far! Lol
Or the limited scouting budget purposely directs scouts to those Regions??:popcorn:

Jerry Jones is a Rock Star....I can't talk bad about the HOFer:grin:

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys under Jerry's ownership has only drafted one Razorback. Felix Jones.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't see this, honestly. Guyton was the guy who fell to Dallas otherwise it could have ben some other OT they took.