Do the holdouts bother you?

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
While I'd prefer to have them in camp from day 1, I'm not worried. It seems to be a problem for most of the teams right now. I don't expect this to last long or have major effects. Everyone else ok?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
No. Not at all. It isn't as if 1st rounders are signing left and right anywhere.

VACowboy

Reaction score
They arenn't "holdouts." They're rookies who haven't signed because of complications cabsed by the CBA. The fact that the CBA is up in five years means no six-year contracts, which means you have to spread the same signing bonus over a shorter peariod of time. It's a bbig deal.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadaBoys said:
While I'd prefer to have them in camp from day 1, I'm not worried. It seems to be a problem for most of the teams right now. I don't expect this to last long or have major effects. Everyone else ok?
No, because the Cowboys are reporting the deals are expected to be done this weekend.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Ticks me off. They need to be in camp.

With LA being a fat frick and unable to practice because his fat arse couldn't pass the conditioning drills, the news that Ware and Spears still aren't in camp really ticks me off more...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
2233boys said:
Ticks me off. They need to be in camp.

With LA being a fat frick and unable to practice because his fat arse couldn't pass the conditioning drills, the news that Ware and Spears still aren't in camp really ticks me off more...

As the saying goes ...

WAH!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Allen is fine. Parcells just wanted to get some first team snaps for his boy Peterman. It isn't like Allen needs the practice... all he needs is the conditioning.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Allen is fine. Parcells just wanted to get some first team snaps for his boy Peterman. It isn't like Allen needs the practice... all he needs is the conditioning.
Yeah that is the reason

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
BNA's post is at least middle school level, c'mon. Waayyyyy better than second grade.

My posts should be up to that level by mid season.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
BNA's post is at least middle school level, c'mon. Waayyyyy better than second grade.

But Larry Allen is a fat arse and I know for a fact that he didn't practice today becaue he's a big fatty ... I'm not overreacting - I know this ...

:laugh2:

And I don't care if the majority of the first rounders in the league haven't signed. Ware and Spears are going to make me cry if they don't sign yesterday. Trust me ... I know what I'm crying ...er... talking about here. This is huge and it means so much here ... who cares about reasons why? I know I don't ...

Talk about 2nd graders ... at least some of us are grown up enough to understand what is going on here ... on the other hand, some of us are crying about things too ...

So, again, I present you with the ever so fitting ... WAH!

BTW, how is that cursive writing style coming along, 2233boys? I know you've been practicing ...

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
They arenn't "holdouts." They're rookies who haven't signed because of complications cabsed by the CBA. The fact that the CBA is up in five years means no six-year contracts, which means you have to spread the same signing bonus over a shorter peariod of time. It's a bbig deal.

Excuse me. I probably could have come up wuth a better term. But I think everyone got what i meant. The lack of having the rookie picks signed in time for camp. Anyway, It doesn't sound like they are at bitter ends. Just a matter of getting it done.

A day or 2 isn't gonna make a huge difference IMO. a week or 2 maybe. But i don't expect this to go far into next week.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
But Larry Allen is a fat arse and I know for a fact that he didn't practice today becaue he's a big fatty ... I'm not overreacting - I know this ...

Glad you see the light and the word is because… Sound it out…

Banned_n_austin said:
And I don't care if the majority of the first rounders in the league haven't signed. Ware and Spears are going to make me cry if they don't sign yesterday. Trust me ... I know what I'm crying ...er... talking about here. This is huge and it means so much here ... who cares about reasons why? I know I don't ...

Come on now, they can’t sign yesterday. Think...
Again I am glad we are on the same page about them missing time...

Banned_n_austin said:
Talk about 2nd graders ... at least some of us are grown up enough to understand what is going on here ... on the other hand, some of us are crying about things too ...
Apparently you aren't one of those second graders.

Banned_n_austin said:
So, again, I present you with the ever so fitting ... WAH!

BTW, how is that cursive writing style coming along, 2233boys? I know you've been practicing ...
Mines coming along fine, thanks for asking. How is the wetting the bed thing coming along... Did you stop yet? Nevermind that really isn't any of my business.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
All of our picks are signed... so, no... hold outs not bothering me... lol
Had I not posted my harsh criticism of Ware and Spears this morning. It may not have happened. You can all thank me later. ;)

Bizwah

Reaction score
The holdouts did not really bother me. They're in........I kinda thought they'd be in soon.

What I hate is this stupid policy of the Jones'. Why wait so long to work out a deal. I know they like to work with the pressure of getting a deal done, but I think one day it can really come back to bite us.

Why put more pressure than is necessary to make the deal happen? Why not start as soon as possible to get the deals done? I know agents like to wait until other picks are in to get a parameter........but someone has to sign first.