Do they really pressure Romo a lot?

BHendri5

Reaction score
The eagles get a lot of sacks and pressure on Romo, we constantly hear all this talk about how great the giants D- Line is, but I have never seen them get a lot of pressure or sacks on Romo without having to all out blitz like the eagles, no matter how bad our line may play.

I'm not impressed with the giants d-line, I see a lot of highlights, but when they play us it just seems that they are a little overrated, good but not as good as they are made out to be, at least when they play the Boys.

I'm talking in regards to sacking and pressuring Romo.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
They hit him a lot after he gets the pass off, but that's basically it.

The Cowboys have the best front seven in football, as far as I'm concerned, evidenced by the fact that they led the league in sacks last year by far. Why people don't talk about our pass rush is beyond me. But until proven otherwise, they're the best.

BHendri5

Reaction score
That is what I have seen, they hit him after he has thrown the ball. Sometimes hits take their toll, but Romo is a tough dude. The pundits have people thinking that the giants be sacking Romo all day, or pressuring him into a lot of Ints, which the only Int that I can remember this moment is the one he threw in the playoff game in 07, to end the game, oh there was another once it was right before haftime, to end the second quarter.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BHendri5;2947043 said:
That is what I have seen, they hit him after he has thrown the ball. Sometimes hits take their toll, but Romo is a tough dude. The pundits have people thinking that the giants be sacking Romo all day, or pressuring him into a lot of Ints, which the only Int that I can remember this moment is the one he threw in the playoff game in 07, to end the game, oh there was another once it was right before haftime, to end the second quarter.
Sounds like our defense against Leftwich on Sunday.

The pundits don't consider the fact that Romo has never lost a regular season game that he started against the Giants. They just conveniently overlook that little tidbit.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They crushed him in the second half of that playoff game in '07. Usually, in Dallas at least, we do a pretty good job with protecting him. Romo himself basically can take a single defender out of the play with his mobility in the pocket.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2947051 said:

The pundits don't consider the fact that Romo has never lost a regular season game that he started against the Giants. They just conveniently overlook that little tidbit.

Yeah, you are right, so all he needs to do is keep that streak going and then add a playoff win against them if it happens that way again.

Really any playoff win, but I'm not one of the people that has laid the blame for the past playoff losses at Romo's feet. I blamed the whole team, parts of the team an individual other than Romo, but the loss to the seahawks, I lay that all at Parcells feet, the whole game, because the game should not have ever been that close, we should have torched their off the street secondary all game that season, but Prcells would not do it.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Idgit;2947074 said:
They crushed him in the second half of that playoff game in '07. Usually, in Dallas at least, we do a pretty good job with protecting him. Romo himself basically can take a single defender out of the play with his mobility in the pocket.

Nah, they started bringing the house blitzes, because they could not get any pressure in the first half, but even with those blitzes in the second half, al they could get was pressure which worked some but our receivers dropping passes is what did us in the most.
They did not sack him more than once or twice that game that I can remember, but I can always dig out the tape and rewatch the game, now they did hit him a lot after he threw the ball.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2947051 said:

And it was far from his fault we lost the game in the playoffs.

He didn't help, but giving up a TD in 47 sec before halftime, and forgetting how to tackle and catch had more impact that Romo's shortcomings IMO