Do we baby new players too much?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I know that as a rule Rookies are not to be trusted, but at what point do you have to stop treating them like fragile objects and actually throw them in the fire?

Of our last three years of drafting, (excluding Nick Folk and maybe Deon who seems to always be hurt) the only player to see significant time is Anthony Spencer.

Is it just a general rule that we don't put these young guys out there, or are we just selecting players that take forever to adjust, or is our roster just so good that we can't get those guys out there because the people in front of them are so dominant that we don't want to see them off the field?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
5 out of our last 6 1st round picks do not start....we have so many young veterans locked into longer term deals...it is hard for rookies to get on the field....which is why I am all for trading our 1st for Roy Williams.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
bbailey423;2305283 said:
5 out of our last 6 1st round picks do not start....we have so many young veterans locked into longer term deals...it is hard for rookies to get on the field....which is why I am all for trading our 1st for Roy Williams.

Wow...I forgot that with Spears not starting that it's 5 out of 6. Man...that's interesting. 5 First rounders who are back ups.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2305355 said:
Wow...I forgot that with Spears not starting that it's 5 out of 6. Man...that's interesting. 5 First rounders who are back ups.

Well this year throws things off since we had two picks and they are rookies so they probably wouldn't start anyway unless we were a bad team.