Do we hire a DC this week, stealing Superbowl headlines?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is this the week we take away from the Superbowl to make ourselves relevant in the news?? We will be hosting several interviews this week, will it happen this week or next week?

If it's going to be this week, it better be a name this worth stealing the news headlines. We can't promote our DL coach to DC and think that's going to get us the press that Jerry wants and loves! Either way, we're the cowboys, we could hire Kermit the frog and they'd talk about it all week! Please give your thoughts

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys hire a DC this week it won't steal any super bowl headlines. Those will dominate the media all week no matter what. I mean, it's super bowl week and every media outlet will have people in Vegas all week.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is this the week we take away from the Superbowl to make ourselves relevant in the news?? We will be hosting several interviews this week, will it happen this week or next week?

If it's going to be this week, it better be a name this worth stealing the news headlines. We can't promote our DL coach to DC and think that's going to get us the press that Jerry wants and loves! Either way, we're the cowboys, we could hire Kermit the frog and they'd talk about it all week! Please give your thoughts
If we were hiring a HC? Maybe we steal some of the publicity.

However us hiring a DC lasts maybe 5 minutes in a regular news cycle

NFCBeasts

Reaction score

steal the headlines ? It’s not the 90s…. we are not feared or revered anymore… we are laughed at.

Show me an organization who has multiple player moms involved in internal team conflict…

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score

stealing Superbowl headlines?

My friend that used to be some years ago not anymore

Brax

Reaction score

Yes no doubt in my mind the new DC is announced late week likely SB Sunday it’s Jerry’s way to get in the SB news reports and get his face time, can’t wait for his gibberish presser. See the Cowboys made it to the SB again in Jerry’s mind. It’s his pathetic craving for attention, just waiting his saying his washed up hire will be the missing piece to the championship team he has built.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the Cowboys hire a DC this week it won't steal any super bowl headlines. Those will dominate the media all week no matter what. I mean, it's super bowl week and every media outlet will have people in Vegas all week.
it's occurring during the superbowl week which is taking coverage away from the superbowl, it all depends who we hire, we hire Bill for some reason, uhh KC who? SF Who?? lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
steal the headlines ? It’s not the 90s…. we are not feared or revered anymore… we are laughed at.

Show me an organization who has multiple player moms involved in internal team conflict…
You just answered your own question, that's stealing headlines, they could be talking about something else, yet we're hearing about a players mother

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes no doubt in my mind the new DC is announced late week likely SB Sunday it’s Jerry’s way to get in the SB news reports and get his face time, can’t wait for his gibberish presser. See the Cowboys made it to the SB again in Jerry’s mind. It’s his pathetic craving for attention, just waiting his saying his washed up hire will be the missing piece to the championship team he has built.
thanks for understanding the level of stupidity in jerry jones to feel relevant, I just don't get it

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless it’s Bill or Vrabel or some other stud we’re not stealing any headlines…….
exactly what I was thinking!! lol like who care if we hired Zimmer or the DL coach that's already here lol

Big_D

Reaction score
This is how Jerry still operates. He’ll try his best because he’s the only one that believes his DC announcement can upstage the Super Bowl.

1942willys

Reaction score
The only way it would get noticed at all beyond DFW is if he hired BB

even then it would be a fifteen minute thing

just asking this question shows a lack of contact with the real world

Brax

Reaction score
thanks for understanding the level of stupidity in jerry jones to feel relevant, I just don't get it
This just in from Jerry, it’s starting already when asked about a DC with MM being a lame duck HC.
“I don't anticipate that being an issue at all," Jones said at a Sunday news conference, per the team website. "If they take the job, they will be coordinator of the Cowboys. They would be looking at that right there and all that goes with that. If they're aspiring, they know there's a chance to be a head coach someplace, because the one that just left is."
Talk about ego from a guy who’s failed the last 29 years

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This just in from Jerry, it’s starting already when asked about a DC with MM being a lame duck HC.
“I don't anticipate that being an issue at all," Jones said at a Sunday news conference, per the team website. "If they take the job, they will be coordinator of the Cowboys. They would be looking at that right there and all that goes with that. If they're aspiring, they know there's a chance to be a head coach someplace, because the one that just left is."
Talk about ego from a guy who’s failed the last 29 years
so in english this all means? i'm so lost lol