Do we sign Julius Jones for big money after this season

1Ware1

Reaction score
Granted,when healthy Jones has been good,I myself feel that great running backs are products of great lines and great offensive schemes.My major case in point would be the Denver Broncos.If Maurice Clarrett wouln't have been such an inmature pansy,he would have made Shannahan look like a genius.
My point is,that Jones has been with the team 2 seasons now and has yet to put up the numbers worthy of being signed for top-of-the line running back cash.If the season goes the way I expect it to,I am looking for JJ to run for 1600 yards and 8 touchdowns.These numbers suggest that he's gonna want a big contract and may look appealing to other teams.
I feel that we should not pay a guy who may or may not make it threw the entire season.I think he only played half the games in the 2 seasons he was here.Injury's are part of the game and I understand that.Maybe the teams should insure the players so if they are injured during the season,the insurance will cover them and not make the owners liable for the salary's to which one is owed.Also,If injured the prior year then the money owed against the cap is voided out the following year.Kinda like a contract extension clause

Pabst

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys should worry about Roy, Witten and Bradie James first.. but to each their own.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
If he can't last the year then no way they should pay him big money. Marion Barber more then adequately filled in.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
Granted,when healthy Jones has been good,I myself feel that great running backs are products of great lines and great offensive schemes.My major case in point would be the Denver Broncos.If Maurice Clarrett wouln't have been such an inmature pansy,he would have made Shannahan look like a genius.
My point is,that Jones has been with the team 2 seasons now and has yet to put up the numbers worthy of being signed for top-of-the line running back cash.If the season goes the way I expect it to,I am looking for JJ to run for 1600 yards and 8 touchdowns.These numbers suggest that he's gonna want a big contract and may look appealing to other teams.
I feel that we should not pay a guy who may or may not make it threw the entire season.I think he only played half the games in the 2 seasons he was here.Injury's are part of the game and I understand that.Maybe the teams should insure the players so if they are injured during the season,the insurance will cover them and not make the owners liable for the salary's to which one is owed.Also,If injured the prior year then the money owed against the cap is voided out the following year.Kinda like a contract extension clause

If he has his breakout pro-bowl, 1700 yard, 20 TD season he said he was shooting for, then heck yeah, otherwise nah-ah.

I still think Julius has a little bit of Barry Sanderitis when he's got good blocking...

Dallas needs to get busy with the screen pass practice also!!!

MONT17

Reaction score
Jules is a fake!!! and will probally bounce around the league like his brother...

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Before we signed Jones to any big money, I would want to see a better, more consistent performance out of him that what we saw last year, IMO!

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
Why? What has he done to warrant us signing him to big money?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Resign or extend? If he proves he is the starter and has an impact, yes.

Big money? NO way, no how, no matter what....RBs are a dime a dozen and easily replaced.

Reaction score
Why would you pay someone who's not been healthy since entering the league a huge contract? Julius Jones needs to put together 2 great seasons before crossing THAT road.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't even if he has a great year. Short of ridiculous numbers, I don't see a reason.

He's proven to be made of glass, and certainly not spectacular. He can be replaced if he wants big money.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he has an incredible season ........ yes
but if he just continues to show "some" promise ...... NO WAY

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
Do we sign Julius Jones for big money after this season?
Ask this question again after this season :D

It will all depend on how he does when healthy and his ability to STAY healthy. He was not all that impressive last year even before he went down with an injury. If he wants the big bucks he had better take it up a couple of notches this year.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i'd prefer that Jones have 2 good years before we give him a long term contract, needs to prove he can stay healthy.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I say no. I wasn't impressed with anything he did last year. The last half of his rookie year was a blast to watch, but he's only played a little over a full season after two years for a reason......He hasn't been able to stay healthy and has BARELY earned any of his rookie contract.

I think he's too breakable. I'll pass if he gets money hungry.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Unless he does over the course of a season (13 or more games) what he did in the 2nd half of his rookie year, I say let him walk.

Remember he has this year and the year after until his contract runs out (I think).

MB3 may be a better pro, but this year is the deciding year for Julius.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
BAZ said:
If he can't last the year then no way they should pay him big money. Marion Barber more then adequately filled in.
and to add beef to your statment so did Tyson Thomson when he filled in when j.jones first injured his ankle when philly played againts us the first time

1Ware1

Reaction score
Can you say he is worth Westbrook moneythen.Stupid iggles payed for that back to stay and he has yet to finish a full season also