Do you realize it's been 6 years since Dallas opened with an offense like this?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Quick trivia question!
  • When is the last time Dallas opened the season with an offense that scored more than 17 points?
  • When is the last time Dallas opened the season with an offense that scored more than 2 touchdowns?
  • When is the last time that Dallas opened the season with a QB who threw 3 touchdowns?
  • When is the last time Dallas opened the season with a starting receiver who had more than one touchdown?
  • When is the last time that Dallas opened the season with a running back who ran for more than 90 yards?

These are all things that our team did today, but when is the last time that someone else matched this? If you answered 1999, six years ago and the last hoorah of the Triplets, then you are correct! Specifically, I'm talking about that classic opener against the Commanders when Aikman won the game in OT with a dramatic bomb to Rocket Ismail and our Boys looked like they were ready to make one last run for the Super Bowl until... Irvin went down. :(

This is the first year in a looooooong time that our team has fielded a good offense from the get go that looks like it can match points with anyone. Is the curse over? Is this the year we finally stop relying on the defense to carry the offense? Yeah, I know it didn't do it last year, but during most of the Campo and early Parcells years, the defense has usually been the unit that keeps the Boys in the game.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
TB I didn't realize it had been 6years.......I just know it's been way too long coming.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I will tell you something,,,the way we opened the game i thought it was a disaster unfolding in front of my eyes. They looked like a team of pee wees playing for the first time. But my they did turn it around. I for one cannot wait until Monday night and see what happens.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
DoomsDayD said:
I will tell you something,,,the way we opened the game i thought it was a disaster unfolding in front of my eyes. They looked like a team of pee wees playing for the first time. But my they did turn it around. I for one cannot wait until Monday night and see what happens.

I'm not sure I can remember any games in recent history in which we stunk so bad but ended so well. This team has so much more heart and talent than recent past teams. Usually, the team seems to stay down in the gutter the rest of the game and if they win, it's pure luck.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
all i can say is ......its about time !!!!!