Do you think Henson was already traded?

acheman

Reaction score
I think he knew this might happen, which is why he sold his house while he was in Europe.

DBoys

Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie said:
ANd just waiting on the ink to dry...

I think so that would be the only exlpanation that makes sense. His locker being cleaned out confirms it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie said:

I think its more likely he blew up over his lack of playing time etc.

BP knew the press would notice he wasnt at practice and his locker was empty so he made the announcement.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
Well if it's confirmed that his locker is cleaned out then i would say yes. Wouldn't BP have said that though, why hide the fact of a trade if it had already happened?

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie said:

I wanted to make this a poll but I do not see the option to do so...
Is the poll option no longer available?

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
DBoys said:
I think so that would be the only exlpanation that makes sense. His locker being cleaned out confirms it.

Or maybe he just up and quit. Kind of like he did on his coaches when he apparantly decided his original throwing motion was vastly superior to what they had been trying to teach him.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Doomsday said:
I think its more likely he blew up over his lack of playing time etc.

BP knew the press would notice he wasnt at practice and his locker was empty so he made the announcement.

I have the feeling he wanst playing so he could stay healthy to be traded...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BP did say that "There are some moving parts to this thing" so I took that as a trade is in the works.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Or maybe he just up and quit.

That is what I am thinking.

It just doesn't make sense that we would announce something like this especially when a trade would be in the works.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dcowboy84 said:
Well if it's confirmed that his locker is cleaned out then i would say yes. Wouldn't BP have said that though, why hide the fact of a trade if it had already happened?

Maybe it was agreed to in principle, but not finalized, so could fall through.
Where is the link that his locker has been cleaned out and confirmed?

Or they are going to try to trade him, so told him not to practice to risk injury and why take away the reps from Baker.

DBoys

Reaction score
Waffle said:
Or maybe he just up and quit. Kind of like he did on his coaches when he apparantly decided his original throwing motion was vastly superior to what they had been trying to teach him.

How would you feel?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
To be quite honest, are we really surprised Henson didn't turn out as a better QB?

The guy opts for baseball instead of football, and then believes he would be better at football because he sucks at baseball.

Wouldn't you like go with the sport you're better at?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Alexander said:

It just doesn't make sense that we would announce something like this especially when a trade would be in the works.

Trade does not seem likely at this point - the moving parts probably are some kind of contract workout.

You just don't handle a trade that way.

Maybe BP did not want to say anything negative because he did not want to irritate Henson any further while he was working out the contract details.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Alexander said:

You could be right then again other teams watch what was going on in NFLE and in a league where teams are hard up for QB's there is always some coach out there who feels he could get more out of a player than some other coach did. I'm not expecting any big trade deal or compensation but I could see a conditional draft pick

Waffle

Reaction score
DBoys said:
He didn't quit so quit saying that.

The dudes locker was allegedly cleaned out YESTERDAY. It's not out of the question that he quit, so can I speculate? The media gets to do it all the time.

Waffle

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Trade does not seem likely at this point - the moving parts probably are some kind of contract workout.

Maybe the "moving parts" were the contents of Henson's locker?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Waffle said:
The dudes locker was allegedly cleaned out YESTERDAY. It's not out of the question that he quit, so can I speculate? The media gets to do it all the time.

If he quite I don't think Dallas would have to payout the entire 3.5 mill that was reported we would owe him if released or traded.

Waffle

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
If he quite I don't think Dallas would have to payout the entire 3.5 mill that was reported we would owe him if released or traded.

Probably true. I don't know if the guy quit or not to be honest. I think he'll get a shot somewhere else though. After giving up a 3rd and having him take up a roster spot as long as he did, it would have been nice to have seen him work out for us.