Do You Think Landry, J.Johnson, Parcells Would Just Smile and Shrug the Loss Off like Garrett

timb2

Reaction score
This just it's OK we will be fine is crap. Landry,Johnson, or Parcells would be going off having the team held accountable. "Well you know we have a couple injuries in the secondary".NOPE! They would have the team working and running their B*tts off.....Make their life a living H*ll.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What makes you assume losses are being shrugged off?

Shinaoi

Reaction score
We really don't know how the coaching staff reacts to these loses. I personally don't believe apathy of the coaching staff is an issue.

timb2

Reaction score
What makes you assume losses are being shrugged off?
Garrett acts likes it's nothing. The team does not show much emotion when losing 'Oh well" and that starts from the top. Jourdan Lewis showed he cares and that's a rookie upset at it .How about the leaders of the team?. The players give the same low level boring answers about the loss. "Well you know we are disappointed" "It's unfortunate"..etc.etc. The answers should be "I'm sick of it and I'm holding teammates accountable for losing" "This is not gonna happen again"

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett acts likes it's nothing. The team does not show much emotion when losing 'Oh well" and that starts from the top. Jourdan Lewis showed he cares and that's a rookie upset at it .How about the leaders of the team?. The players give the same low level boring answers about the loss. "Well you know we are disappointed" "It's unfortunate"..etc.etc. The answers should be "I'm sick of it and I'm holding teammates accountable for losing" "This is not gonna happen again"

I haven't noticed anybody acting like they don't care about the losses. The coach and the players always handle that stuff internally, anyway, so you're not going to see it.

But I also don't think the players are losing it the way the fans are after the two home losses. The approach right now is more one of fixing the assignments. But you do see them promoting players and juggling personnel on defense during the bye week. Things are happening, they're just not going to play out in front of the cameras.

To your original question, I think this is pretty much exactly how Landry ran things. Jimmy would be playing mind games. Parcels would be complaining and grumpy and making veiled threats to specific players in the media. Everybody handles this sort of thing differently

I'm more irritated that the press conferences are being taken up with answering stupid questions about Jerry and the anthem than anything else. We don't need the additional distraction.

timb2

Reaction score
Dallas has a very good loaded team and when we still lose,it goes to coaching. It's starts with Garrett. He is too nice and that is the problem we do need a Head Coach the team fears(respect). Garrett is a buddy coach and that won't fly. We need some old school style coach.I do not buy this well this is the new style football player and you can't yell at them. We need a coach to get the best out of them. Maybe someone like Keith Brooking who probably beat the crap out of them when they screw up and won't play the Diva stuff.I know Keith Brooking isn't a coach,but someone like that.A former hard nose football player who knows how. Eugene Lockhart,Randy White,... All the X's & O's mean nothing without discipline. I want a coach who hates losing. Garrett seems OK with losing. BASICALLY GIVE ME A YOUNGER VERSON OF MIKE DITKA!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This just it's OK we will be fine is crap. Landry,Johnson, or Parcells would be going off having the team held accountable. "Well you know we have a couple injuries in the secondary".NOPE! They would have the team working and running their B*tts off.....Make their life a living H*ll.
That's because the buck doesn't stop with Garrett. There is no accountability. That starts at the top.

When you can't discipline your own players it's a wonder Garrett doesn't totally lose the locker room.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't ever recall Landry or JJ clapping after the other team scored or a boneheaded penalty / play ... Seem to recall seeing JG doing that this last game
Landry was very stoic. I don't recall him smiling until he won his first championship but Jimmy was a Clapper . Very emotional and animated on the sidelines always trying to keep his guys motivated even when they played poorly . I'm not sure if you could tell much difference in his demeanor on the sideline from going 1-15 on the way to winning a championship .

haleyrules

Reaction score
Landry was very stoic. I don't recall him smiling until he won his first championship but Jimmy was a Clapper . Very emotional and animated on the sidelines always trying to keep his guys motivated even when they played poorly . I'm not sure if you could tell much difference in his demeanor on the sideline from going 1-15 on the way to winning a championship .
Sober up. Its not too late to turn your life around.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I haven't noticed anybody acting like they don't care about the losses. The coach and the players always handle that stuff internally, anyway, so you're not going to see it.

But I also don't think the players are losing it the way the fans are after the two home losses. The approach right now is more one of fixing the assignments. But you do see them promoting players and juggling personnel on defense during the bye week. Things are happening, they're just not going to play out in front of the cameras.

To your original question, I think this is pretty much exactly how Landry ran things. Jimmy would be playing mind games. Parcels would be complaining and grumpy and making veiled threats to specific players in the media. Everybody handles this sort of thing differently

I'm more irritated that the press conferences are being taken up with answering stupid questions about Jerry and the anthem than anything else. We don't need the additional distraction.
:).

haleyrules

Reaction score
That's because the buck doesn't stop with Garrett. There is no accountability. That starts at the top.

When you can't discipline your own players it's a wonder Garrett doesn't totally lose the locker room.
The players don't give a hoot about Garrett. They are doing their own thing. Jones is the boss and there is absolutely no accountability. That's obvious. Look at the shape the young RB came to camp in. He can hardly run. The club is a joke and the players have no respect for the team or fans.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Landry makes Garrett look like Jim Harbaugh that is how stoic Landry was. Probably the greatest coach of all time, in any sport, was John Wooden and he was not a screamer either. It is ridiculous to equate not acting like a two year old with not caring.