Do you think McCarthy knows he botched the Detroit game?

XXLMike

Reaction score
McCarthy knows he botched the Detroit game ?

That someone has spoken to him about his mindset there ? Burning 45 valuable seconds ?

That someone has approached Dan Quinn on going soft and handing the Lions acres of space ?

Surely someone has called a round table meeting by now to discuss the aforementioned? Right ?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I forget....did the Cowboys win that game?

And if they win the last game of the season, the division is ours. Take that all you doubting Thomas'.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I forget....did the Cowboys win that game?

And if they win the last game of the season, the division is ours. Take that all you doubting Thomas'.
crazy. People just cant let themselves be happy 1 minute after we win. The entire MM botched the detroit game narrative is weird and unfounded. Unless I missed something, MM sent our kicker in on that final drive and he nailed what ended up being the game winner and difference in the game. Had he went for it on 4th down and we dont get it, Detroit drives it down and beats us.

Surfguy

Reaction score
What did he say in his day-after press interview? I don't want to sit through it to find out. lol

catiii

Reaction score
McCarthy knows he botched the Detroit game ?

That someone has spoken to him about his mindset there ? Burning 45 valuable seconds ?

That someone has approached Dan Quinn on going soft and handing the Lions acres of space ?

Surely someone has called a round table meeting by now to discuss the aforementioned? Right ?
Troy Aikman and Irvin agree with you on MM gifting clock time to Lions, but no one else seems to. If Detroit hadn't botched the 2 point conversion with multiple penalties, the Cowboys would've lost. As far as going soft on D, that never works. Most here hate it although they likely won't admit it now.

XXLMike

Reaction score
crazy. People just cant let themselves be happy 1 minute after we win. The entire MM botched the detroit game narrative is weird and unfounded. Unless I missed something, MM sent our kicker in on that final drive and he nailed what ended up being the game winner and difference in the game. Had he went for it on 4th down and we dont get it, Detroit drives it down and beats us.
This is about the big picture of winning a Super Bowl - not about happiness.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think McCarthy knows that over the last 3 years he's 35-15 with 2 division titles and 3 playoff berths.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Troy Aikman and Irvin agree with you on MM gifting clock time to Lions, but no one else seems to. If Detroit hadn't botched the 2 point conversion with multiple penalties, the Cowboys would've lost. As far as going soft on D, that never works. Most here hate it although they likely won't admit it now.
And I agree with Troy and Irvin. Why can't we be critical about certain aspects of a win? It's what the team does anyway. You'll always want to learn from your mistakes, even if they didn't cost you the game.

So yes, imo he showed some horrible clock management at the end of that game but also yes, it was a win and that's that. Nice job overall from everyone involved. But never stop trying to improve.

75boyz

Reaction score
Whatever decision making analytics he used in determining "should I pass or run out the clock" in both the Seattle and Detroit games should be thrown away.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I doubt it...same with the Washington Huskies coach in their game on Monday too. Even after the game, he blamed it on just being an unfortunate situation with his player getting hurt instead of just taking knees to run the clock.

I think coaches are too close on the sidelines and they are set on their ways. They get caught up in the emotions on the sidelines and in the locker room with their teams. That's why we constantly see these blunders happen in the NFL and CFB because they are always ignorant to this part of the game, unlike fans and media who are not on the sidelines and view the game differently.