Do you think Parcells was just talking up Rob P.???

Big Dakota

Reaction score
In light of all his comments about how strong he became, how much he changed his body and the "swing" comments, is it possible Bill was just blowing trade smoke? As we have learned, they did try and trade Rob. The funny thing is he didn't have a whole lot of good things to say about Fabini and everyone from Spags to my grandma figured he was in trouble. Trying to get into Bills head, as i've learned, is a dangerous proposition.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
it happens every year, remember daleroy stewart getting a lot of pub and then the big boot outta town? We never seem to catch it until it hits us.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
i think parcells really likes rob, and it was a tough decisioon to make after the kid did whagtever he was asked to do. when he said the things he said in that presss conference he meant them. that's why the cutting was a surprise to me

vicjagger

Reaction score
I think BP really likes him, but he was beaten by Marc Columbo, a former 1st rounder. Parcell's knew Pettiti wouldn't play much, barring injury, and decided to give him a chance to get more playing time elsewhere.

Fabini's an adequate back-up (I hope).

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No, I think it was all true...but in the NFL, the bottom line is still pass blocking, nothing else even rates...you could be the smartest and best run blocker in the league, but if you can't pass protect, you won't have a job at OT.

Everything Parcells ever said about Pettitti was about his character, work ethic, and some run blocking...all great things. But he never said anything positive about his pass blocking, including the fact that he still couldn't handle speed guys like Ware.