Does a deal for Micah need to get done this off season?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is there a financial break it gives us to sign Micah now. With the uncertainty of our QB and a big deal coming for Lamb, is there a rush? Micah still has another year on his rookie deal. I understand we use the 5th year option which will then prompt us to get relief then instead of taking that hit from the 5 year option.

So what to do, can we wait, or just go do it this year?? Discuss!!

JBS

Reaction score
one day people will understand that in order for a contract to be signed - two parties need to agree

There is minimal benfit, maybe even zero benefit, for Parsons to sign this offseason. It won’t happen.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I've heard on the radio whispers about the person Micah is when the mic isn't infront of him, dosent sound too good. I think having a coach like Zimmer will say a lot about where Micah is, maturity wise. DQ was his buddy, MZ won't be that with Micah. He sells jerseys and is in the media constantly, so the answer for the Jones Clowns will be to extend him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
one day people will understand that in order for a contract to be signed - two parties need to agree

There is minimal benfit, maybe even zero benefit, for Parsons to sign this offseason. It won’t happen.
I agree, so why does it seemed to all be grouped together, we HAVE to get it done, micah, ceedee dak

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've heard on the radio whispers about the person Micah is when the mic isn't infront of him, dosent sound too good. I think having a coach like Zimmer will say a lot about where Micah is, maturity wise. DQ was his buddy, MZ won't be that with Micah. He sells jerseys and is in the media constantly, so the answer for the Jones Clowns will be to extend him.
yeah we shall see, hopefully he brings out the best of him so he can really get that bag!!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Is there a financial break it gives us to sign Micah now.
Yes, you can spread his signing bonus cap hit out for more years before the new contract starts hitting hard, and you will also get him cheaper. Today the price might be 35m$, but next year it could be 40m$ if Aiden wins DMVP and signs right away for 38 (or a dozen other hypotheticals). And this price difference is even though the contract starts at the same time in both scenarios because it has to wait until the rookie deal is over

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

He could blow out his knee tomorrow. Agents will always push for a new contract the moment they can unless specifically instructed to drag the team through the coals for whatever reason. Not naming names, but 99% of the time the agent wants the assured money ASAP

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, you can spread his signing bonus cap hit out for more years before the new contract starts hitting hard, and you will also get him cheaper. Today the price might be 35m$, but next year it could be 40m$ if Aiden wins DMVP and signs right away for 38 (or a dozen other hypotheticals). And this price difference is even though the contract starts at the same time in both scenarios because it has to wait until the rookie deal is over
all makes sense, thanks so much lion

JBS

Reaction score
I agree, so why does it seemed to all be grouped together, we HAVE to get it done, micah, ceedee dak
Good question. It shouldn’t be. But it’s basically bc they’re the 3 players that will need massive contracts

JBS

Reaction score
He could blow out his knee tomorrow. Agents will always push for a new contract the moment they can unless specifically instructed to drag the team through the coals for whatever reason. Not naming names, but 99% of the time the agent wants the assured money ASAP
This isn’t true at all. And even if he blows his knee out, he will still get huge money. Nobody is not paying parsons over a knee injury.

SJ is on record stating players are no longer coming to the table to do deals early. Of course they aren’t. It’s stupid.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I used to believe that but Dak literally snapped his leg in two and received a record contract that offseason. Micah already has $17M guaranteed from his rookie deal so it's not like he's hurting for cash and has to flip burgers for the rest of his life if doesnt get this 2nd contract taken care of. Plus with the insurance policy against injuries guys have these days there seems to be almost zero incentive to get to the negotiation table early unless you're a later pick.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
SJ is on record stating players are no longer coming to the table to do deals early. Of course they aren’t. It’s stupid.
That has to be position situational, or they’re just playing the Cowboys because they know it works. Joey Bosa signed after year 3. Nick Bosa signed after year 3. TJ Watt signed after year 3. Miles Garrett signed after year 3. Mason Crosby signed after year 3.

That is the top end pass rusher contract model universally across the league. They’re all stupid?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That has to be position situational, or they’re just playing the Cowboys because they know it works. Joey Bosa signed after year 3. Nick Bosa signed after year 3. TJ Watt signed after year 3. Miles Garrett signed after year 3. Mason Crosby signed after year 3.

That is the top end pass rusher contract model universally across the league. They’re all stupid?
I'm not sure about everyone on that list but I believe at least Nick Bosa and TJ Watt didnt sign until after year 4. I remember Bosa didn't sign until this past September and held out because he didn't want to play under the 5th year option.

JBS

Reaction score
I'm not sure about everyone on that list but I believe at least Nick Bosa and TJ Watt didnt sign until after year 4. I remember Bosa didn't sign until this past September and held out because he didn't want to play under the 5th year option.
This guy just made up a load of nonsense? Hahah

conner01

Reaction score
Is there a financial break it gives us to sign Micah now. With the uncertainty of our QB and a big deal coming for Lamb, is there a rush? Micah still has another year on his rookie deal. I understand we use the 5th year option which will then prompt us to get relief then instead of taking that hit from the 5 year option.

So what to do, can we wait, or just go do it this year?? Discuss!!
No reason to extend now. Lamb is the guy to extend now because an extension is cheaper than the 5th year option and Micah should be next year

Jayinem

Reaction score
Is Micah going to happy playing for 4 million with no contract security for the future? You have to think about these things when you tell someone like him to wait.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You should always offer big deals a year early. If Micah won't extend now then they need to seriously look at trading him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A deal for Parsons won’t happen this offseason. It’s going to take some time with him. He’s going to be looking for a HUGE deal. All the focus right now is on how to handle Dak’s situation.